Bulbs > Bulbs General

Trillium 2023

(1/18) > >>

Herman Mylemans:
This year was very bad for Trillium nivale, a lot of rain, hail and cold. It's been a long time since I've had so few flowers

Herman Mylemans:
Trillium ovatum has also started and cares less about the weather

partisangardener:
Quite extensive your stand of T,rivale. Did you ever experience that plants did not turn up for a year after planting?
I had this with T. grandiflorum, but never had T.rivale before.
My Trillium pusillium var. alambamicum are also only three, but two of them with bud. I have been told that they hate being frozen in winter.

Herman Mylemans:

--- Quote from: partisangardener on April 02, 2023, 04:59:41 PM ---Quite extensive your stand of T,rivale. Did you ever experience that plants did not turn up for a year after planting?
My Trillium pusillium var. alambamicum are also only three, but two of them with bud. I have been told that they hate being frozen in winter.

--- End quote ---
Axel, it is Trillium nivale!
Trillium rivale, or better Pseudotrillium rivale, is also flowering now.

Herman Mylemans:

--- Quote from: partisangardener on April 02, 2023, 04:59:41 PM --- Did you ever experience that plants did not turn up for a year after planting?

--- End quote ---
Axel, Trillium's normally appear again next year after transplanting, but they don't like to be moving around. So it is possible that there is a delay.
I don't have Trillium pusillium var. alabamicum but Trillium pusillium var. pusillum is going to flower next week.
Trillium kurabayashii (yellow form) is flowering now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version