Seedy Subjects! > Grow From Seed

Ranzania

(1/4) > >>

Buddy:
I have found it relatively easy to get seed of Ranzania japonica to germinate but failed in many attempts to keep seedlings alive beyond a couple of year,s or to keep plants (from Japan) alive through winter and have given up hope of seeing a flower.  In the late Autumn of 2018 I planted two 7 cm pots with seed from the 2018/19 seed exchange run by the SRGC Mecononopsis Group, getting two plants in each pot. This winter I brought the pots into a cold greenhouse and in March the plants in one pot remained dormant but in the other pot two emerged, one as a very vigorous shoot that to my surprise flowered in mid-March when only 10 cm tall. It has continued to grow apace and is now twice the height.

Gail:
Oh well done. I killed mine...

Carolyn:
I killed mine too....several times. :'(

Leena:
I planted Ranzania outside last year, I hope it comes up. Fingers crossed!

johnw:

--- Quote from: Leena on April 03, 2021, 07:33:01 AM ---I planted Ranzania outside last year, I hope it comes up. Fingers crossed!
--- End quote ---

You shouldn't have a problem there Leena.  We grow it here in Nova Scotia on the north side of a fence, bright but no direct sun till the evening.  Careful watering the first year and during a drought.

john

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version