We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: I agree with Ian about the forum wonderful  (Read 2936 times)

melager

I agree with Ian about the forum wonderful
« on: February 01, 2015, 07:07:15 PM »
just read the latest wonderful bulb log and totally agree that the forum is wonderful,
I have only just rejoined after about 20 odd years, when I was a member years ago there was nothing like this and it is so great to be able to get help and read other logs and especially when you do not live in Scotland and can get to meetings. It is the best

Mel

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: I agree with Ian about the forum wonderful
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 09:00:48 PM »
Ian's away right now, Mel, but he'll see this when he returns.  I think the Forum and SRGC Website  is one of the biggest plant resources  and friendliest meeting places online - but then, I would say that, wouldn't I?  :D ;)

However I think the level of membership and traffic rather supports the notion! All down to our wonderful friendly helpful forumists, who are so sharing and supportive. Take a bow, Friends!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

melager

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 09:24:39 PM »
Ian's away right now, Mel, but he'll see this when he returns.  I think the Forum and SRGC Website  is one of the biggest plant resources  and friendliest meeting places online - but then, I would say that, wouldn't I?  :D ;)

However I think the level of membership and traffic rather supports the notion! All down to our wonderful friendly helpful forumists, who are so sharing and supportive. Take a bow, Friends!
I agree about them being helpful and very friendly its great

Olive Mason

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 09:48:03 PM »
I feel very privileged to have been in Ian's company both on Saturday and Sunday here in the Midlands.  He gave his wonderful 'Highland Gathering' talk to our Western Counties HPS on Saturday and today I had lunch with him at Ashwood Nursery's Snowdrop Day.  Thank you Maggie for allowing him to come I wish you could have been here too.  Olive
Not only snowdrops

SJW

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 12:36:54 AM »
...today I had lunch with him at Ashwood Nursery's Snowdrop Day.  Thank you Maggie for allowing him to come I wish you could have been here too.  Olive

Husbands are always grateful when the boss allows them out for the day ;D . Maggi - I hope he remembers to bring you a nice present back from Ashwood, he'll be spoilt for choice, as you know they grow some fantastic plants there.
Steve Walters, West Yorkshire

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 09:25:00 AM »
Bless you, nobody "allows" the Bulb Despot to do anything - why do you think we call him the Despot?  ::)

He's been having a marvelous time, being looked after so well by Marie and Trevor Paginton and having the chance to meet up with many other friends as well.

He was on the phone last night and I asked him what goodies he's bought for me at Ashwoods - got sharp answer that he can't take anything home when flying with only cabin baggage  :'(

He can't seem to grasp the idea of others I've seen clambering fully laden onto aircraft.....  ???

I HOPE that he was just kidding - Despot or not, hell hath no fury like an Ashwoods fan scorned!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Mavers

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 02:53:59 PM »
Whilst the world goes mad thank goodness for the Scottish Rock Garden Club forum where like minded people can come together from all nations, to learn & be transfixed by interesting & beautiful plants.

I've learned so much from Ian's Bulb Log.
Mike
Somerset, UK

Ian Y

• Bulb Despot
  • Administrator
  • Why grow one bulb when you can grow two:-))
    • Direct link to the Bulb Log SRGC
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 06:53:19 PM »
I've learned so much from Ian's Bulb Log.

So have I Mike, the process of recording and writing is a wonderful way to help you learn.

Thanks also to Mel for your kind words and support, the forum is indeed such a valuable friendly place that welcomes you where ever you may be.

Olive, I can assure you the pleasure was all mine, great to spend some time in such good company.

Ian Young, Aberdeen North East Scotland   - 
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
https://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/index.php?log=bulb

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 07:23:56 PM »
It makes people like me, living in little villages far away from other plantaholics, feel connected. How wonderful to 'talk' to so many friends all over the world and get sensible opinions and advice.
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

johnstephen29

• Hello from East Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 07:48:15 PM »
Hi Anne not only that, since I joined the forum I've been able to buy some great plants from loverly people like your good self who I didn't know about before.
John, Toynton St Peter Lincolnshire

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal