General Subjects > Blogs and Diaries

Robert's adventures in the Northern Sierra Nevada - California

(1/29) > >>

Robert:
For me it has been too long since I've been able to visit the mountains. A month, or maybe more.  :(

Today was a good day as I finally had a few hours to hike. Also, the vacation season is over and school is in session so the mountains are relatively empty of crowds - a good thing for someone like me who dislikes and avoids crowds - and cities and a few other things like that.

I was hoping to gain elevation as quickly as possible. Grouse Lake trail seemed a good bet. The high peaks are just a few miles away. It is also a steep hike!

Down in the flats there were still a few Aster occidentalis in bloom. One I also like in the garden down at the farm, where it is still blooming too. Very sweet!  :)

A view to the northwest as I make the accent.

Another view on the way up the mountain.

A view as I still work my way up the mountain.

Robert:

I only had an hour in each direction. 6,900 ft. to 8,100 ft. and Grouse Lake in an hour!

Grouse Lake and now to look around -sadly with a limited amount of time.

Some very sweet little Gentiana newberryi. Growable for me down at the farm.

Aster alpigenus var. andersonii. I guess that I like our native plants as this is still another growing and doing well down at the farm.

The wind was blooming like crazy! I did get this photograph of Phyllodoce breweri in bloom. Kind'a blurry!  :P I guess that it forgot that it was September.

Robert:

Driving down the road there are many Epilobium canum in bloom.

Some are much better than others. This one is quit good. An old friend - growing at the farm with all its other Epolobium friends.

For me a good day.  :)

Robert:
The wind must be crazy if it's blooming. Maybe it will settled down and blow.  :-[ Whao am I tired! Not the hike - harvest season!

jandals:
What are you bringing in Robert ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version