We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Bulb Log 22/5/13  (Read 1120 times)

Roma

Bulb Log 22/5/13
« on: May 22, 2013, 09:48:16 PM »
Lovely to see all your Erythroniums, Ian.  I must get mine planted out.  Hope they can compete with the Tulipa sprengeri.  I did leave a Cardiocrinum a few years ago.  I don't remember if it had many offsets but it produced one flower spike last year.  I had three flower  last year and have not got round to lifting them.  They all have a number of offsets.  I cannot lift two because they are close to Corydalis cashmiriana which I do not wish to disturb just now.  It looked lovely yesterday but is flattened now with the wind and heavy rain showers we had today. 
Roma Fiddes, near Aberdeen in north East Scotland.

Ian Y

• Bulb Despot
  • Administrator
  • Why grow one bulb when you can grow two:-))
    • Direct link to the Bulb Log SRGC
Re: Bulb Log 22/5/13
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 08:50:37 PM »
Thank you Roma, I missed 11 days of peak Erythronium flowering in our garden while we were at the Czech Conference so some came in and out of flower while we were away.

The cold and strong winds this week has all but ended their flowering for this year.

We also have Corydalis cashmiriana flowering it is so beautiful.

Ian Young, Aberdeen North East Scotland   - 
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
https://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/index.php?log=bulb

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal