Cultivation > Composts

Cypripedium Macranthos culture

(1/4) > >>

Mavers:
Hello,

I'm new to this forum but have been 'lurking' for some time, soaking up all the knowledge divested by the members here.

I expect this has been dealt with before, however I just do not seem to be able find the topic...................

Having grown the hybrid cyp. 'Emil' reasonably well for a few years I thought I'd chance my hand at cyp. Macranthos.

A flowering sized plant was delivered to me a couple of weeks ago with two beautiful flowering sized shoots. I've planted it in a 10" clay pan in 100% 'Ultrasorb'.

Has anyone used this material as a growing medium?

Should I use a plastic pot instead as it is so free draining?

If I'm headed for disaster any advice about augmenting the 'Ultrasorb' with other materials would be greatly appreciated.

Mavers

ps. It is in a pot as my new garden is not ready for planting up.

Maggi Young:
A warm welcome to you, Mavers. There are quite a few Cyp growers around the forum and they will surely contribute.  In the meantime, have you tried a 'Cypripedium culture' search? I think there has certainly been coverage of this query elsewhere on this forum which may be of some help to you.

Maggi Young:
Try this thread, for instance: http://www.srgc.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=133.msg4683;topicseen#msg4683

Mavers:
Wow Maggie, what a quick reply. I'll look at your suugestion.

Mav

Luc Gilgemyn:
Always great to see a lurker appearing from the dark into the bright lights of the forum  ;D !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version