General Subjects > Flowers and Foliage Now

December in the Southern Hemisphere

(1/15) > >>

Paul T:
Howdy All,

My first attempt at posting a pic in this new forum setup, so hopefully this works OK? 

This is an asiatic lilium 'Tinos' which I have flowering at the moment.  The blending and shading in the flower is really beautiful, even if it doesn't show up as well here as I would have liked.  This is the first time I have grown this variety and I hope it will do well for me as I would love to see it in my garden every year from now on! <grin>

Paul T:
Howdy again All,

Here are a couple of other things flowering around now....

Clematis viticella 'Purpurea Plena Elegans' is such a stunning flower!!

or should I be putting these attachments in as

This is Dierama pauciflora which, unlike it's other brethren I have seen, has the flower pointing upwards.  At the moment I have the more traditional species in white, pink, "red", and purple in flower as well.  Beautiful!!

This is a yellow form of Ornithogalum dubium.  This flowers prolifically for quite some time during spring/summer and seeds quite happily.  Seed takes about 3 years to flower but is identical to the parent.  A definite bright splash in pots or in the garden!!

Paul T:

Here's an Echinocereus cactus I have in flower at the moment.  The flowers are a handspan across, making a rather stunning display. 

The plant is about 6 feet tall and I have included a picture of it to give you an idea of it's size.  I end up with between 20 and 30 flowers each season, spread over a couple of weeks.

Maggi Young:
Ah, Paul, now you are REALLY back with us... we're getting pictures!! Love that cactus, so hollywood !
BUT: where is your ID photo and a protrait of Elf? We need to know these things, or John F. and I will sulk... and you wouldn't want that to happen, would you?
We're waiting......

mark smyth:
and me  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version