General Subjects > Flowers and Foliage Now

Flowering now September 2007

(1/52) > >>

mark smyth:
While clearing my room for new carpet I found a photo from way back. Maybe the early 90s when I first got into gardening. One of my first projects was a grass bed under planted with 100s of Frit. meleagris. It was during my raving days when I used to go to London for the big events legal and illegal. One Sunday when I got home the whole thing was cleared and gravel put down.

mark smyth:
Something strange is going on here at No. 43. The first Ranunculus ficaria leaves are up

derekb:
My favourite climber,
Lapageria rosea

derekb:
Not sure if indoor plants are allowed but have had this Phalaenopsis for 3 years and this is the 4th lot of flowers it came from Mcbeans the local Orchid nursery they had just come back from Chelsea with it,when you think of all the blooms the price is not to bad.

mark smyth:
Derek I think you arent pruning the flowering stem correctly. Phaleonopsis could/should be flower all year round. If you look down the stem from the first flower there will be a small node and down the stem there many be four or five. There are dormant buds there. One the flowers start to drop you have to be brutal and cut back the stem when there are only two left. Cut the flower stem to just above the upper node. In about six weeks another flower spike will emerge. It too will have dormant bubs along the stem. You've had it long enough to be able to keep it alive but here's another suggestion. During the summer, late May until September, keep the plant on an east or west windowsil. During the winter move it to a south windowsil.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version