Bulbs > Bulbs Wanted

Allium paradoxum

(1/3) > >>

Janne:
Hello,
I probably should not be asking this concidering my message count but I'm looking for Allium paradoxum bulbs/bulbils. If you do have too much Allium paradoxum var.normale it will do, but I'm actually more interested in real allium paradoxum. No one seems to be selling it which is a mystery to me...

Thank you,
Janne

rob krejzl:
"No one seems to be selling it which is a mystery to me..."

Do you have plans to use it as a groundcover then ;)?

Seriously, this does have a bit of a reputation.

Janne:
"Do you have plans to use it as a groundcover then ?"

Of course not. I'm planting it next to soldanella minima ;)  Seriously I do know all about its reputation - someone must be weeding it or fighting to keep it out of the garden? This is once in a lifetime situation for you, I'll pay 3£ for 10 bulbs if you wish so that you can buy RoundUp to make your life easier ;D

rob krejzl:
Well I only have v. normale, just coming into leaf. Given where I am, sending them to you would be difficult, but if you get no serious reply I could send seed in a few months.

Janne:
I guess people are worried about spreading such invasive species around. I can assure that it won't live long if it starts spreading. Besides odds that it will actually thrive enough to become a pest arent that good. Allium triquetrum for example survives here only with heavy winter protection. Many other common species decline in numbers until its time to plant new ones

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version