Administration > General

Email notification of new posts to the Forum

(1/3) > >>

Lesley Cox:
 This topic split off from another page to keep it easier to find! edit by Maggi

I saw that post when it was still in the November thread and at that stage (until yesterday) the Dec one hadn't appeared in my inbox. I'm missing a terrible lot of stuff recently. I wish there is a button to push for "Notify EVERYTHING" by way of new threads.

Bad couple of weeks, one way and another.

John's post reminds me that I must get long-handled tweezers out today for the seed on Erinacea anthyllis. Not looking forward to it and I usually chicken out. ???

Gail:

--- Quote from: Lesley Cox on December 06, 2010, 09:18:31 PM ---Maggi, I saw that post when it was still in the November thread and at that stage (until yesterday) the Dec one hadn't appeared in my inbox. I'm missing a terrible lot of stuff recently. I wish there is a button to push for "Notify EVERYTHING" by way of new threads.

--- End quote ---
Can you not just use the "Show unread posts since last visit" link (top right of page) for that Lesley?

TheOnionMan:

--- Quote from: Lesley Cox on December 06, 2010, 09:18:31 PM ---Maggi, I saw that post when it was still in the November thread and at that stage (until yesterday) the Dec one hadn't appeared in my inbox. I'm missing a terrible lot of stuff recently. I wish there is a button to push for "Notify EVERYTHING" by way of new threads.

--- End quote ---

Lesley, there is an option for the next best thing, go to the main SRGC Board, such as "Flowers and Foliage Now", click on the Notify button, it'll ask if you want notification for the entire board, select Yes... hopefully that'll work to get those monthly incremented types of topics you're missing out on.  You could do this for each of the main SRGC boards if you like, to effective achieve the "Notify EVERYTHING" scenario you are looking for.
http://www.srgc.org.uk/smf/index.php?board=3.0

TheOnionMan:

--- Quote from: Gail on December 06, 2010, 10:21:48 PM ---

--- End quote ---
Can you not just use the "Show unread posts since last visit" link (top right of page) for that Lesley?

--- End quote ---

Exactly Gail, that's what I do.  And if I see a new topic that interests me, I launch it, then click the Notify button to get my email alerts for that topic.  Works for me.

cohan:
i don't use any email alerts at all, i just visit the home page and see which topics have new activity...
of course there are far more of them than i have time to look at, but i just pick the ones i am interested in...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version