Specific Families and Genera > Meconopsis

Meconopsis now

<< < (2/6) > >>

Maggi Young:
Here is the  stem of Mec. that Susan B. sent me, via Fermi, on Friday... it still looks good... who knew that meconopsis made a good cut flower?!!

Lesley Cox:
I have a very large batch of `Lingholm' seedlings, the seed from the Logan Botanic Garden, so should be true. They germinated like the proverbial, and I potted up 80 into small planter bags. That was back in November. They are already dying down for the winter but have quite thick knobs at ground level of very dark brown fur and I think will come through the winter well, if I don't let them dry out (they're in my shady tunnel which in theory the rain gets through (knitted cloth) but the sheltering trees are so think now that it doesn't.)They should be ready to plant out in August just as they're coming into visible growth again.

Here, too dry while young is the main loss cause but when they're older the wind attacks as well. I find the plants can stand dry conditions well if they've had time to get their roots well down first. This applies to perennial forms of course, not the monocarpics which are going to die after flowering/seeding anyway.

TC:
Some more Meconopsis in bulk

Maggi Young:
Lovely, true blues, you have captured here, Tom.

Lesley Cox:
Surely NOTHING is more glorious than Meconopsis "in bulk" as Tom puts it.The sky come down to earth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version