Specific Families and Genera > Meconopsis

Meconopsis 2021

(1/2) > >>

Maggi Young:
Photos from Jim Jermyn at Branklyn Garden, Perth ....

"Contrasting foliage of species Meconopsis!!

M. baileyi var. pratensis with purple pigmentation while M. Integrifolia ssp. integrifolia shows a marked difference to its close cousin sulphurea. Finally M. dhwojii has distinct bristles and we impatiently await flowers."

M. baileyi var. pratensis

M. integrifolia ssp. integrifolia

M. dhwojii

Roma:
Meconopsis x sheldonii 'Cruickshank'.  I know it should be 'infertile blue group' and Evelyn Stevens determined it was the same as 'Bobby Masterton' but as it came directly from the Cruickshank Botanic Garden I prefer to keep the original name.

DaveM:
I find these lovely plants a bit difficult here in East Lothian; frequently too dry (except last month) and windy. Really pleased to see Meconopsis delavayi flowering the other day. From club seed sown Jan 2017, showed no sign of flowering in a pot, so released it in the garden. First time I've had seed of this.

Roma:
Meconopsis baileyi 'Glacier Blue'.  A self sown seedling from plants from SRGC seed.  I have lost a few Mecs in the last 2 or 3 years with the drier than usual springs and relentless wind we've been having this last few years so it was good to see this one doing well.

This was a surprise.  It's a few years since I last had flowering Meconopsis prattii or rudis flowering here.  Possibly hybrids as the 2 forms came from one batch of seed.  I was trying to select pale blue and white but the last survivors flowered very late and did not set seed and the last one I remember flowering was a muddy blue.  There was a perennial form but it never flowered.
Meconopsis rudis?

Tristan_He:
Roma you didn't by any chance grow any seed from the Mec group called Mec sp. Min Shan did you? I had these and they turned out rather like your photo, a mix of prattii / rudis type forms with a good blue colour (certainly better than the rather muddy plants I have had under these names before).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version