SRGC Shows and Events > SRGC Shows Questions and Answers

SRGC ABERDEEN SHOW 17/05/08

(1/11) > >>

Maggi Young:
 We are gearing up for the last SRGC show of the Spring season of the SRGC 75th Anniversary year, here in Aberdeen on Saturday 17th May 2008. The Show is held in the Ruthrieston West Church Halls, Broomhill Road, Aberdeen AB10 7LU, open from 11.30 am to 4.00pm.

As one of the Show Secretaries slumbers happily, the other is sitting here, fingers crossed for a late rush of entries and hoping that the soup making goes well tomorrow and that there are enough flowers to cut in the garden for the tea-room decorations !! ??? ::) 
It's at this stage, when the pre-publicity seems to be going well, that one is struck by the fear that millions of people will turn up to see the show but there will not be enough plants on the benches :o :o

Next time you meet a Show Secretary, be nice to them... they are poor misguided souls who have volunteered for this suffering and obviously need counselling and a kind word  :-\ ;)

I trust that all will be well on the day and that there will be lots of pix for you to enjoy.....though since Ian and I are at the BBC on Sunday and he's off to Chelsea on Monday, there might be a delay before we get any photos posted, so, if someone out there who is coming to the show with their camera is reading this ... please join in and get posting!

David Shaw:
Quit worrying, Maggie, and know that all will be very, very well. :)

art600:
Maggi
Is Ian going to appear on the TV - if yes can you provide some details so we can watch.  Or is he just going to enjoy the Show?

David Nicholson:
Arthur, is it really likely that the BBC would put someone who actually knows about gardening on the Chelsea coverage? Now had Ian been a Z list personality with the brain and attention span of a gnat of course he would have been on! ;D

Maggi Young:
Arthur, Ian is going to Chelsea on Monday for the Joint Rock Committee meeting.

You  can hear Ian often on the BBC Scotland Radio Programme, The Beechgrove Potting Shed....you can listen online at www.BBC.co.uk/radioscotland    .......I am one of the "diggers behind the shed"  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version