SRGC Shows and Events > SRGC Shows Questions and Answers

SRGC Glasgow Show at Milngavie 3rd May 2008

(1/9) > >>

Maggi Young:
Here's hoping the sun is shining, as is traditional, for the Glasgow Show this Saturday.
I am embarrassed to admit that Ian and I have not a single show plant to take. :-[
On the plus side, this means that Show Secretary John Lee will have at least two judges who need not excuse themselves from any classes because of a clash of interest!

In the aftermath of the Scottish oil refinery strike, I do hope that all exhibitors and visitors will be able to obtain the necessary fuel for their cars to journey to the show, or else the roads of central Scotland may be clogged with folks pushing wheelbarrows of show plants to the venue :o

Even though we are without show plants, Ian and I are setting off tomorrow on our way to the show.....this may seem a little excessive but we are stopping off in Dunblane tomorrow afternoon , where Ian is giving a demonstration of "Fish Boxes to Troughs" to the local Inner Wheel Group 8)
This  demo is planned for outside, so a sunny afternoon tomorrow  would be a real treat, as well as warm sun for Saturday's show!!  Fingers crossed!

TC:
A few pictures from the Glasgow show.

TC:
Two more

David Nicholson:
Lovely pictures Tom, thanks for posting them. Anothe Forrest MM for Cyril Lafong, he must have a very long mantlepiece!

Maggi Young:
Quite right there, David, I believe that Cyril's mantlepiece runs through three counties  ;)

It's always nice to have a cheery welcome to the show.....
Staging in progress……. 5 pix
 Benches 1 2 3 
 Hall 1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version