SRGC Shows and Events > SRGC Shows Questions and Answers

Perth Show 2008

(1/10) > >>

Maggi Young:
Home safe after a lovely day at Perth Show, followed by great company and supper with Fred and Alice Hunt and some chums at Invergowrie, on the way home. Had only brief look at my photos, most of which are even fuzzier than usual. I may post some to see if you can actually manageto identify any of the plants from the crazt images I manage to produce!! :-[ ::) :P

Maggi Young:
A few pix for tonight, more after work tomorrow....
First,the  Forrest Medal winning plant, a really large and yummy Lewisia tweedyii lemon form.
2) said large and luscious Lewisia and proud grower, yes, you guessed it, it's the Glenrothes Greenfinger again, Cyril Lafong!
3) Now, a frit to test you..... who can see past this fuzzy photo to recognise Fritillaria hermonis amana
 Not many of you, I bet :-X :-[
4) here's a slighty better frit pic... F. graeca ssp graeca
5) another fuzzy effort... this is Fritillaria hispanica (dwarf form)  and Narcissus watieri, off to the right
I can honestly say that the pix do not do justice to the plants... huge apologies to the exhibitors whose fine plants I have mangled.

Greenmanplants:
Hi Maggi,

Looks like another good judges lunch then.....you'll have to get the pics all done before the lunch!

The tweedyi looks a stunner all the same.

Maggi Young:
Oh, John,  if only I could blame my incompetence on lunch but, honest injun, I was a sober as ....................a Judge :P I managed to mess most of this up in the morning! :-[ What a  twit!

Lesley Cox:
A luscious lemon lewisia! You didn't eat it for dessert Maggi? ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version