Bulbs > Bulbs Wanted

Chlidanthus fragrans

(1/2) > >>

Hans J:
Hi all ,

I have repottet today my bulbs of Chlidanthus fragrans - and now I have some bulbs surplus .
A picture of this plants from me is shown under "Plant Identification".
If anybody is interested for this bulbs and like to swap with me please contact me .

Many greetings
Hans

Paddy Tobin:
Hans,

This is a very kind offer, very good of you. However, I won't take you up on it as I have a few pots of Chlidanthus fragrans for the past few years and have no success whatever with them. Indeed, they are just barely hanging on to life and it is a wonder they are surviving at all.

A quick word on your growing method with these would be appreciated.

Paddy

Hans J:
Paddy ,

It is amazing for me that you have problem with this plants -they grow here like weed .
I making nothing special - I grow it in a mix of 75% mineralic and 25 % organic - dry from October until March - in winter a minimum of 5° in my greenhouse -in summer full sun -and normal watering and fertilizing like my other bulb plants .The only problem is they flowers not easy - and so I have decide to make it in higher pots .
It is a pity to make this surplus bulbs in the garbage and so I have it offered .

Best wishes
Hans

Paddy Tobin:
Han,

The only difference I can comment on is that you have a looser compost than I use. When repotting, I must change my compost to something more in line with what you are using. No flowers here at all.

You have a problem which becomes common after a few years gardening, that of surplus plants. It is eye-opening that the plant we spend large amounts of money on and simply must have can quickly become just another plant when it grow well and reproduces in abundance.

I am a school teacher and a number of the parents of the children in the school like to keep a nice garden and they are always happy to take my extra plants for free.  When this is a special plant is it especially good to pass it on to a good home, so to speak. I prefer to pass the plants on than put them into the compost bin. Composting them can seem such a waste but at times there is nothing else can be done.

Paddy

Anthony Darby:
Hans

I would like to try it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version