SRGC Shows and Events > SRGC Shows Questions and Answers

Edinburgh and the Lothians Show 2008

(1/9) > >>

Maggi Young:
Edinburgh is host to the SRGC Show on Saturday 5th April 2008.
weather forecast is non too good for the weekend, so exhibitors leaving early forthe show might be well advises to take a snow shovel in the car.... just in case  :-X :-\

With a bit of luck the meteorological experts will have got their wires crossed and in fact it will be a delightful day of sunshine 8)  I'm sure it will FEEL like that in the Fairmilehead Church Centre, the venue for the show, anyway.... ::) ;)

Hope to see lots of you there......

Maggi Young:
It seemed the weather chaps had got it wrong.... till  around 3pm when the hail showers started  :P
As we left, the hills were white and hail showers chased uo, off and on through sunshine, all the way home. It was a super day... lots of friends to meet....even more than usual, since the Saxifraga Society are holding a conference in Scotland at the moment and so there were lots of very welcome, but mildly unexpected, faces!
Ian met a couple from New Zealand who were at the recent NZ conf..... not sure if they were with the Sax fiends, though, or simple travellers!
It was fun to meet the Sax fiends.... including Andrew Crimes and his wife , Kaj and Minna Andersen from Denmark..... others I spoke to with Malcom MacGregor were Tim Roberts and David Victor, Peter and Beryl Bland, of course. Ian met up with Christian, from Tromso Botanic Garden, and a new man from there, Martin, I think.  I had been contacted by an Italian earlier in the week seeking info about the show, but we didn't meet up so I hope they arrived and enjoyed the show.
Show Secretaries Ian and Carole Bainbridge were kept as busy as ever... perhaps even more so.... the Kitchen Crew was a bit short of folk and the demand was HUGE so Carole  was whizzing in and out of the kitchen today, too. Plus her Joint Rock committee duties! That is one busy little woman..... she was having a lot more fun this year without  her leg in plaster, though!

Maggi Young:
A few pix now before I fall into bed... work at the BBC tomorrow requires some sleep tonight!
I'll start with one for Buttercup... a very large Ranunculus calandrinioides grown by Peter Semple.
Some folks were taking photos w with rather more care and skill than I......
Corydalis 'Highland Mist'   
There was a super art display by Eileen Goodall in the foyer.... very hard to get good image with glare and wobbly camera, but here is a watercolour of a Lilium.
Six  little pans of primulas.
Jane Thomson with Cathy and Barry Caudwell

Maggi Young:
Mike Hopkins taking notes  while Brian Hammond thinks he might picture me picturing him ::)
General shot of the show hall
three likely lads on duty, David Shaw, Glassford Sprunt and Viv Chambers
View down a long bench, with Mr and Mrs  Andrew Crimes just in shot!
A bright Lewisia tweedyi

Too tired now.... more to come, tomorrow if poss!

ranunculus:
Wonderful buttercup Maggi and super shots of a tremendous show.....oh that we could all be in two places at one time.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version