SRGC Shows and Events > SRGC Shows Questions and Answers

Dunblane Show 2008

(1/6) > >>

Maggi Young:
A fun day today at the Stirling Show in Dunblane. Congratulations to those members working so hard to make it a great day for all the visitors.
I am perhaps the world's worst photographer with my little digital number... so I crave your indulgence of my wobbly shots  :-[ :-\ :-X :-[
Cyril Lafong had a really successful day, winning just a bout everything with a selection of super plants... sadly, these were so popular I hardly got near them after judging and so, I can't belive I'm having to admit this... I haven't a photo of the Forrest Medal Plant!  :o :-[
For the record, it was a pan of Trillium rivale 'Purple Heart' and was fresh as the proverbial daisy.
I do have a pic of Cyril, though, here in conversation with Jim Paterson, with Jean Wyliie whizzing past  in the background.
Pic two is of Jean daughters, Karen and Susie, who were working hard in the kitchen... until I came to interrupt them. Their cute assorted children were helping out, too.
Susie has just become and SRGC member  again, after her childhood membership days, and entered a lovely pot of Erythronium dens canis in the show.
Third pic is of Anne Chambers, holding  the print of her Cyclamen painting, (also won by Cyril! !) which is the  special SRGC 75th Jubilee prize at all our shows this year.
Pic 4 is truly awful pic of the plant which won the Jubilee prize for Cyril, best plant in a 6 inch pot.... Fritillaria crassifolia ssp. poluninii........shame on me for this photo because the plant was an absolute corker! Loved it!
Pic fiv is of some of the judges, signing the certificates: nearest the camera, Sam Sutherland, leaning down to sign, Cathy Caudwell, John Lee and the Gandalf lookalike is Barry Caudwell. Ian and I were also judging.

Lvandelft:
Must ave been an interesting, nice and busy day, Maggi?

--- Quote ---I haven't a photo of the Forrest Medal Plant!   

--- End quote ---

And you missed the "Prima Vera" too.  :( :(    :-[

Maggi Young:
It was a most enjoyable day, Luit, but yes, we have missed the Prima Vera.... who was first to San Remo?

Lvandelft:
After an enormous jump, appr. 500 m before finish: Fabian Casardelli.
Very exciting !   :D :D  8)

Maggi Young:
Casardelli?  :-\  Is it Fabian Cancellara, the Swiss of Team CSC??
Was Erik Zabel racing.... I like him. What about Cipollini... they said some weeks ago that he was riding again and that he would ride the Milan - San Remo ?? ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version