SRGC Shows and Events > SRGC Shows Questions and Answers

Blackpool Show 2008

(1/9) > >>

Maggi Young:
News has reached me of the Farrer Medal winning plant at Blackpool Show today, 15th March.
This show is a joint AGS/SRGC show and this year it is the turn of the AGS rules and so a Farrer Medal was awarded to the best plant in the show.... which I'm told was a superb pan of Corydalis popovii grown by our chums Carole and Ian Bainbridge!   That's two medals to two chums in two weeks.....we do have some very clever friends!

Mick McLoughlin:
Just got back from Blackpool. Here is a picture of the Farrer winning plant, for now.

Maggi Young:
Hi, Mick ! What a lovely potfull that is!  Looking very good indeed..... I would post warmest congratulations to Carole and Ian but they don't "do" the website  :P so I'll thank Mick for posting the pic, instead!!
Did you have a good day, Mick?

Mick McLoughlin:
Yes thanks Maggi. I met MartinR and Diane as they offered to help me in first show, thanks to them both. Everybody concerned was very helpful, no traumas for a first timer. I introduced myself to Ian, he said he'd to get back over the border by midnight as his visa expired then, looked to have had a good time 'down south'.
Oh by the way I had 2 first and a second with 3 plants, more by luck than judgement I think. Both myself and Mandy enjoyed ourselves, Mandy even registered herself as an exhibitor for the next time, so the competition is on. Just got to get the stubborn plants from this week to flower for next weeks effort!!

So anybody else who's thinking of giving the shows a try give it a bash, they don't bite.

Maggi Young:
Well, yes, three tickets from three plants sounds pretty good to me ! Two firsts and a second is not to be sneezed at, I'm delighted for you.  8) 8)
Great to hear that Mandy is going into battle with you... that'll spice up the competition  ;D
 Very handy to get some advice from those folks who have been through the whole rigmarole before....it can be somewhat bewildering until you've done it a few times and realise it is actually quite straightforward.... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version