General Subjects > Travel / Places to Visit

Branklyn Gardens, Perth

<< < (2/4) > >>

Paddy Tobin:
A very interesting garden, Frazer. Great set of shots to give us an impression of the gardens.

Robin, not sure that all the troughs are stone; 4517 looks like one of the Aberdeen kind. You should have access to some lovely wooden troughs in Switzerland, carved from tree trunks.

Paddy

Maggi Young:
I think the trough in pic 4517 is an old limestone trough.... though goodness knows, the Aberdeen variety are literally all around the world now, so who knows!??  No 4517 is a good copy of an Aberdeen trough  8) ;D

Paddy Tobin:
It's very thin walled to be a limestone trough - it would be a very brave or very skilled stonemason who would cut it that thinly.

Paddy

Ragged Robin:
Well now I know ......the Aberdeen trough has gone global  ;D

Plenty of wooden troughs here, Paddy, but they cost and arm and a leg  :o

ArneM:
Banklyn Gardens are so beautifully landscaped, quite a stunning composition of plants and therefore definitely worthwhile visiting. I've been there during my time in Scotland and was impressed although there weren't many plants in bloom left due to my late summer visit. Anyhow I think you can always go there, doesn't matter which time of the year it is, it's just impressive.
Does anybody remember the comment on Branklyn Gardens in the Perthshire Garden Scheme flyer? It was something like 'the finest 2 ha of...'

Robin, the River Tay is right beside Branklyn Gardens, it's a 5 minutes walk but you can see entire Perth and the river when you're at the top of Branklyn Gardens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version