SRGC Shows and Events > Events

AGS online plant show

(1/2) > >>

Maggi Young:
The AGS have been running an online "Show", where members could submit photos of plants in various classes. The plants had to be the property of the "exhibitor" but the photos could have been taken by another person, the show was for the plants/views, not the photograph as such.
There were entries scattered across the 85 or so classes and, on visiting the site today to see the results, I am delighted to offer here my congratulations to the Forum members who have had such a success in the show. There were many very successful entries from Members whose names I recognise as being SRGC members, too, but I shall only mention the Forumists here.  John (Greenmanplants) Humphries did well, as did Luc Gilgemyn, Charlotte Jacobson and Tony Goode. Please visit the AGS Site to see the "show" for yourselves. The page is this: http://www.alpinegardensociety.net/servlet/onlineshowservlet?command=visitshow&sitearea=onlineshow&category=2006

Can I just mention MY favourite entries? My first was, (predictably enough, perhaps, for those that know me) Luc's lovely shot of Rhododendron yakushimanun in the rhododendron class.  Also from Luc, I liked his pic of Narcissus bulbucodium x mesatlanticus, a photo taken in the garden in Belgium on 15.12.2006.

Have a look at the show and tell us which ones took your fancy.

snowdropman:
Hi Maggi - thanks for alerting us to this site/competition - a nice selection of photographs - my personal favourite was the Lewisia Magentas

Maggi Young:
Ooh, yes, they were very colourful, fine plants. It's an interesting concept, the online show; I hope they'll repeat it.

Maggi Young:
It occurs to me now, that Martin Rogerson used to be an SRGC Forumist... he did VERY well in the online show, with about 26 tickets, lots of them firsts. Martin, are you re-registered with the new Forum?
Congrats, anyhow!

Luc Gilgemyn:
Thanks for the lovely congrats Maggi, you're making me blush... :-[
I do fancy my Rhodo Yaku a lot too - I'll make sure I post a new pic of this year's flowering on the forum.
And by the way I posted the prizewinning picture of Narcissus bulbocodium x mesatlanticus in the Narcissus thread on this forum as well.
I did enjoy this competition as well and hope the AGS will repeat it with even more contestants.

I'm waiting for them to send me the cup now...  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version