We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Craigiehall Nursery  (Read 1072 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Craigiehall Nursery
« on: April 06, 2018, 07:33:52 PM »
Many of you from outside of Scotland may not have heard of Craigiehall Nursery in South Lanarkshire run for many years by Innes Hogg. I received a parcel this morning of lovely plants from Innes  all very well packed. If you haven't  heard of the nursery give it a go.

http://www.craigiehallnursery.co.uk/
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 08:34:34 PM by David Nicholson »
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

ashley

• Pops in from Cork
Re: Craigiehall Nursery
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 08:04:49 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation David; their catalogue looks really tempting.
UK sales only :'(
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 08:53:19 PM by ashley »
Ashley Allshire, Cork, Ireland

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 08:35:12 PM »
Well worth a try Ashley.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 08:44:55 PM »
I know people speak well of Innes  - including Fred our WebMaster, who knows him from the days he (Fred)  ran Tough Alpines.  Craigiehall  are  involved with the forum, too - "Will Itsell" is a forumist !
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

FrazerHenderson

• For people, scenery and plants visit Yemen
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2024, 04:20:36 PM »

I ordered some plants recently from https://www.craigiehallnursery.co.uk/ and I have to advise that that they were the best packed of any mail order nursery that I've received in recent years. Each plant pot was wrapped in copious amounts of paper held together individually by elastic bands within a sturdy box. There was no spillage or damage. The care and attention paid was exemplary. Also, the plants were sent out on a Tuesday and received the next day via Royal Mail, so no sitting around in a sorting office.  Alas, the range of alpine plants from the nursery is now restricted to the genus Sempervivums (and Jovibarba), though a wide range of species and, particularly, cultivars are offered. Anyway I was so pleased that I felt compelled to bring this small nursery to the attention of others.
Yemen, what a country ... Haraz mountains, Socotra, Sana'a, Hadramaut, the empty quarter.... a country of stunning, mind altering beauty...and the friendliest of people.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal