Specific Families and Genera > Cacti and Succulents

"Fat Plants" : cacti,succulents, caudiciforms, whatever..

<< < (2/198) > >>

cohan:

--- Quote from: Rogan on January 14, 2010, 08:02:32 AM ---My Frithias remain well above ground level the year round - I not too sure how to get them to 'retract' as they do in nature  ???

I'm not particularly successful with Conophytum, and I'm not too sure whether it's my cultivation technique or my unique growing conditions, but I do have some success and also have my favorites, e.g. C. khamiesbergensis (...which does surprisingly well for me!), C. herreanthus and C. ectypum in all its forms. One I can't grow at all, and would dearly like to is C. burgeri, here's a tray full (if rather overwatered!) I saw growing in a nursery in the Western Cape - maybe in my next life...  :P

--- End quote ---

none of us has the conditions to grow everything!
there are no nurseries in canada selling conos that i have ever found! so it will be seed for me!
i like the burgeri, and so many others-so many genuinely odd plants, and different kinds of odd, and many very small, which is a big plus for me..

Ragged Robin:
At last Cohan, you have revealed your secret horde - and what a sight, I've never see cacti flowering so well and the red flower is gorgeous but the light pink is very pretty too; almost like a waterlily as it opens. It's interesting to hear how they will develop and grow...the first plant I was ever given by my Mother was an Aloe and they have been firm favourites all my life since.  Can't wait to see some more of your gems.

pel1:
Helllo all,
Good to see a thread on succulents! It was growing caudiciforms that started my interest in pelargoniums and cape bulbs, and I still grow some cacti and other succulents to this day.

As an experiment I once tried growing fenestraria with its leaves buried, in a clay pot and on a high shelf with maximum light-I can report it rotted off very quickly!
regards, James

ps - surely someone on this thread will want my gasteria seeds? (see seed threads)

Hristo:
Great colour on the G baldianum and the F pulchra guys!

johnw:
Rogan  - What a splendid clump of Frithia pulchra. My tiny clump was a wobbly little thing that never flowered but still a favourite.

johnw

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version