Cultivation > Cultivation Problems

Petrocosmea

(1/2) > >>

johanneshoeller:
I have found a lot of frozen and dry Petrocosmea in the dust bin of a nursery. :-*
After 2 weeks the plants are green again and have started to grow very well.
Who cultivates Petrocosmea and how have I to grow them so they will flower (green house or not, temperatures, dry season,...?   ???

Regards
Hans
from Austria

Maggi Young:
Hans, I hope you will get a reply from my friends and near neighbours, Brian and Maureen Wilson, who are most experienced and successful Gesneriad growers.    I will send you privately the email and name of a particular friend who grows these, too. He may be able to share some of his experience with you.
They are charming plants and I am delighted to hear that you have made this rescue effort. I am horrified that any nursery would allow such important little plants to suffer like that though!

Luc Gilgemyn:
Hans,

Have a look at

http://www.gesneriads.ca/genpetro.htm

good hunting.

Maggi Young:
Luc, great site, another new one to me: I must get "out" more!

Jozef Lemmens:
Hi Hans,

I have about 15 species of Petrocosmea. I keep them in my (more or less) frost-free alpine house, because I am not sure whether they are really hardy. I never tried to grow them outside. I keep them in plastic pots. They flower in the autumn here in Belgium. Some of them have still a few flowers at the moment. You can find a few pictures on my website.
Propagation is rather easy by leaf cuttings.
BTW; I am always interested in exchanging Petrocosmeas and other Gesneriaceae.

Jozef

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version