Bulbs > Galanthus

Galanthus to mid February 2007

(1/47) > >>

mark smyth:
I'm maybe jumping the gun a wee bit to create a new page. As someone said the last one is 14 pages

I'll kick it off with two yellows. plicatus 'Bill Clarke' and an un-named nivalis Sandersii Group

mark smyth:
Every garden should have the tall, scented lovely shaped 'S. Arnott'. No snobbery in my garden.

Also a new all green inner elwesii so far un-named. Currently no more than 3 inches

And two forms of elwesii 'Fred's Giant'

Maggi Young:
Thanks for the new page, Mark.  I've got two of these ones!
Your short elwesii is neat. The shorter ones are prone to getting very dirty from mudsplashes in bad weather if there isn't a good mulch on the ground, though.

mark smyth:
Which ones? 'Fred's'

Maggi Young:
We have some Fred's Giant and Sam Arnott. I have a few other named ones, but since I can't tell any of them apart, I don't worry too much about who they are! Every now and I recognise a name you white fever sufferers are tossing about and think, I remember buying/ being given one of those, wonder where it is? Some of them do have labels stuck down deep beside them, but I can never find those when I look!
I got some lovely "wild" ones many years ago from a sheep-keeping-lady-doctor in Wales, they are known as the Welsh snowies. very few of our snowies are much above ground yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version