We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Sowing trial Corydalis ambinua  (Read 508 times)

Jörg

• Naturgarten-24
Sowing trial Corydalis ambinua
« on: February 08, 2023, 07:57:02 AM »
Maybe you have experience with sowing Corydalis ambigua. Here you can see C. ambigua with an elaiosom, which is why they are often carried off by ants. I treated part of the seed with GA3. I want to treat the seeds as dark and cold germs.

A styled garden seems like a reformatory for nature
Greetings Jörg

Mother tongue German. English is translated online

partisangardener

• Luther Art
Re: Sowing trial Corydalis ambinua
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 09:41:29 AM »
Jörg shared with me two portions of this seeds. I gave mine for the warm period in some living Sphagnum.

It is not certain that they are not already dead. There was apart from the late order an extended delay at the German customs. They probably forgot it there for months.
Many seeds started to develop mold. In living Sphagnum live seeds usually do not develop mold because of the fungus associated with Sphagnum which protects his terrain.

Dead seeds get mold but it does not spread much there.

In case of Corydalis there is the possibility, that the elaiosom is eaten by mold. The seed capsule itself is in most cases clean and jet black.
We will see and hope the best.
greetings from Bayreuth/Germany zone 6b (340 m)
Axel
sorry I am no native speaker, just picked it up.

corydalisambigua

Re: Sowing trial Corydalis ambinua
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2023, 04:59:22 PM »
How did your trial go?

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal