We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Forced germination for Rare Iris basaltica in Lebanon for first time from seeds  (Read 790 times)

Ali A.Taleb

Greetings everyone,

After the discovery of Iris basaltica, I worked extensively to protect it in situ, and by germinating the seeds in our newly established laboratory at Akkar Trail with the support of a friend. And with many experiments, I managed to germinate them, and now the seedlings are in the growth stage and we have obtained good results, and we will continue to work on other species, to reach the protection of these species that are witnessing a decline in their sites and threatening their demise. And with this step we are taking, we will achieve an integrated vision in protecting and multiplying the Iris, in preparation for the establishment of new sites.

Ali Taleb
Akkar , Lebanon
Email : aliadnan.taleb123@gmail.com

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
well done, Ali - your work with such plants is important!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Kathy1987

Does the soil on the first picture contain peat or other organic matters?

Ali A.Taleb

Thabk you Maggi ,
And I am currently preparing to work on several species, leading to the establishment of the Botanical garden for Iris, the first of its kind in Lebanon

Ali A.Taleb

Yes kathy ,
The largest amount of soil is basalt soil 90%

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal