Bulbs > Bulbs General

“Ramblings of a Rare Plant Hunter”

(1/2) > >>

Maggi Young:
“Ramblings of a Rare Plant Hunter” a collection of the articles published on his website by  renowned plantsman Marcus Harvey will be published shortly!
Marcus was known the world over and was responsible for the  ability for many Australian gardeners to extend their plant colllections  over the  years.

Go to the Hill View website: hillviewrareplants.com.au and subscribe to the mailing list to receive updates on this exciting publication.

Pre-orders will be available  through the website very soon! This beautiful book will cost $55.
For any enquiries contact  the Hillview Team at info@hillviewrareplants.com.au or message the Hill View Rare Plants Facebook or Instagram accounts.

The forword to the book has been written by the famed grower, Otto Fauser - himself no stranger to these  pages!

Marcus Harvey, brief C.V.

Otto Fauser's Foreword

example pages from the book

example pages from the book

Maggi Young:
Coming soon!!

"One of the pleasures of growing bulbs is observing their transmutation from an ugly duckling packaging unit to the glorious swan of a flower. In this way each species and variety marks the progression of time and transformation through a garden year. Bulbs by definition have a dormant period, and, apart from the cheap shot about them being a lazy gardener’s plant because there is not much to do most of the year, I think it’s their ability to resurrect that has us transfixed."
- taken from 'A Mediterranean Sojourn: bringing nature out of the wilderness and into our gardens', page 14 of Ramblings of a Rare Plant Hunter by Marcus Harvey.

https://hillviewrareplants.com.au/product/ramblings-of-a-rare-plant-hunter/?fbclid=IwAR1ei1P7PLvjFAAWiVp_U899AtozZWuh6zSF4wdICKXZsOor93HRb-mwKfo

fermi de Sousa:
Another thing unfortunately delayed by Covid!
Hopefully we'll see it soon,
cheers
fermi

Maggi Young:
From Alex Harvey on Facebook:
Alex Harvey is with Garden Joan and 2 others

"Ramblings of a Rare Plant Hunter" by my late dad Marcus Harvey, with botanical art and contributions by Susan Jarick and further contributions by my Auntie Lin, myself and my grandmother Garden Joan is ready to go!!
Sending out pre-orders this week!!

I'll be on ABC radio 936 with Mel Bush and my Auntie Linda Harvey this Friday morning to have a chat about it all.. I think at 10.40am.. I'll confirm that time tommorrow! 🙌
If you want to order a copy please go here
https://hillviewrareplants.com.au/

Maggi Young:
From Hillview Rare Plants :
Marcus Harvey's posthumous book Ramblings of a Rare Plant Hunter, featuring botanical illustrations by Susan Jarick, has only a few remaining copies on the online store.

If you've missed out and you are truly interested, please Contact Us (info@hillviewrareplants.com.au) as we may have a few copies left – first in, first served.

Lastly, if we have sufficient demand for Ramblings we may consider a reprint before Christmas 2022. Therefore, please register your interest with us, and join our Mailing List (at the bottom of this page) to receive further updates!

A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE PURCHASED MARCUS' BOOK!!!
WE HOPE THAT YOU'RE THOROUGHLY ENJOYING IT!!
 WE'RE SURE THAT MARUCS IS SMILING ON US ALL!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version