Bulbs > Galanthus

Test your skill........

(1/16) > >>

Maggi Young:
Right, this will sort the men from the boys, the girls from the women and the cart from the horse.... or somesuch.....

In this attractive receptacle, are twenty-eight different snowdrops.
 So, who can tell us which varieties these might be ?

Martin Baxendale:
Maggi, do you never sleep? Okay, here goes...

Martin Baxendale:
Sorry, Maggi, I can't see most of them clearly enough to even start guessing what they are. All I can spot are (I think) Bertram Anderson, Magnet, A Greatorex double (maybe Dionysus or Ophelia), nivalis flore-pleno, John Gray, Galatea, S. Arnott, and the big tall one in the middle looks like Washfield Colesbourne but could be a completely different elwesii or elwesii x plicatus. Best I can do after a long evening getting book samples ready to send off to overseas clients and UK book store chains. Stuffing envelopes is sooooo boring! And needs so much wine to keep my envelope-licking tongue wet (nah, they're all pre-glued envelopes - that was just an excuse. Hic! Now I've got the munchies. Where's the choccie biccies?)

Paul T:
Impossible to identify all of them from one angle like that.  If anyone CAN do it then they either owned them, or else had a good look at them in person and wrote down the names!!  ;D

And Maggi.... for someone who was busy you've obviously got too much time on your hands!!  ;D :P

Maggi Young:
So few, Martin? Tsk Tsk! Must do better...

Funny how quickly we get used to conveniences such as pre-gummed sticky things, isn't it? I was writing a card to Peg Crosland earlier this evening ( Peg is a Grande Dame of SRGC...{ but no diva... a sweeter person you couldn't hope to meet}... her late husband was the famous grower and exhibitor, Jack Crosland, a man for whom pleiones, cypripedium and a zillion other tricky plants, grew like the proverbial weeds)and discovered I had forgotten how ghastly some envelope glue can be.... YUCK!
Dear Peg is in hospital, having fallen and broken a hip and her wrist... very nasty fall and she is still thinking first about others and not herself..... her first question to a friend on his arrival to visit her in hospital... the same day as her fall.... was how did the (SRGC) meeting go on Tuesday? What a woman, Jack was lucky to have her as a wife and we are all aware that we are blessed to have her as a friend.
I am sure her many friends in the alpine world will wish her well.

Ghastly glue nearlyput me off my supper....but not quite....I went out for supper with my dear chum, Pumpkin, known to many of you as Wee Helen.... we went to a super seafood  restaurant and scoffed yummy scallops, tasty sea breamm and all sorts of other fishy delights......See, I do get out sometimes.....
Yo'dthink after that I would be content, but it seems that a  late walk with Lily and some time spent fiddling away here with Forum moves etc. builds up a new appetite and so, as I was reading Martin's post about getting the munchies... I was having a late snack ! Is there any wonder I'm built like two ton tessie? NO! 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version