We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SRGC Shows Questions and Answers / Re: Perth SRGC Show 2024
« Last post by Maggi Young on April 23, 2024, 09:53:16 PM »
Can anyone please tell me the name of the yellow Primula, I think shown by Cyril, with accompanying notes, I couldn’t zoom in close enough to see details ? TIA
Hmmm, thinking you perhaps meant this one? It's in Class 47, for one pan primula, own hybrid.

I think it may be called 'Spring Cheer' but I'm contacting Cyril to ask him!
« Last post by Maggi Young on April 23, 2024, 09:49:25 PM »
Can anyone please tell me the name of the yellow Primula, I think shown by Cyril, with accompanying notes, I couldn’t zoom in close enough to see details ? TIA

If you mean this one in Stan's photo - the winner of the RS Masteron prize for the best Asiatic Primula.....

- it is Primula bracteata var bracteata 
 If you meant another, please say which pic/post  it's in so I can try to help!

« Last post by Lawrence on April 23, 2024, 09:22:25 PM »
NARCISSUS / Re: Narcissus 2024
« Last post by Maggi Young on April 23, 2024, 07:26:26 PM »
Mercy! Now Anne has honoured Ian with a fab daff!  In spite of any supposed bias, I reckon both 'our' narcissus are fantastic. We are greatly honoured, Anne, thank you!!

Ian and Maggi in narcissus form!!
NARCISSUS / Re: Narcissus 2024
« Last post by annew on April 23, 2024, 06:54:37 PM »
I'm delighted that Ian Young, the Bulb Logger, Bulb Despot and all-round bulb super-hero, has consented to having one of my daffs named after him. I thought he would choose this beauty, knowing his fondness for x susannae types. Just like the man himself, the daff is tall, slim and purer than the driven snow!
One or two gleaming white bell-shaped flowers per 25cm stem, it makes a beautiful pot subject but should also do well outside.
Galanthus / Re: Galanthus April 2024
« Last post by Villu on April 23, 2024, 03:52:33 PM »
Very enjoyable pictures and stories, Leena! It is wonderful that you have a good snowdrop season this year!
Our own season here in Estonia was cut short by April "heatwaves", temperatures rising up to 22 degrees in Celsius on April 10th. But it was close to 20 on March 31st too (all time record braking in March)! Now only the latest varieties are in fading bloom.
No matter the heatwaves, it is winter today and everything is covered by snow now! That how hectic this spring is and climate has become (?!).

720736-0
Snowdrops in snow

Just a day before, everything looked so different.

720738-1
'E.A. Bowles'

720740-2
'Marjorie Brown'

720742-3
'Amy Doncaster' 
Next SRGC Show - Glasgow - in Bearsden - 4th May 2024
« Last post by Maggi Young on April 22, 2024, 12:56:33 PM »
A couple more shots from the Perth Show - form the Perthshire RG Group......

Branklyn Garden made their first ever display at a show  to advertise the lovely garden, started by the Rentons

Cyril Lafong being presented with the Medal Card for his 65th Forrest Medal, by SRGC President, Colin Crosbie

Hepatica / Re: Hepatica 2024
« Last post by Herman Mylemans on April 22, 2024, 10:31:09 AM »
Gabriela, the pink multipetale are very beautiful! My multipetale seedlings are all blue.
Flowers and Foliage Now / Daphne 2024
« Last post by ruweiss on April 21, 2024, 09:25:28 PM »
It is Daphne time now, I love the fragrance in the garden, but many of them
are past their best.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal