Specific Families and Genera > Primula

Primula 2024

<< < (3/3)

brianw:

--- Quote from: ruweiss on March 15, 2024, 09:16:44 PM ---More Primulas:

--- End quote ---

I have what I believe to be P. Broadwell Milkmaid and a creamier/yellower form which came from an AGS member some years back, and which I think shares the name. Both now over in this very warm spring. Was one a sport of the other, or the same hyb. cross? Both are vigorous growers; the white more so than the cream for me.

Brian, Thames Valley, UK

partisangardener:
now full bloom of these small Primulas.

kris:
I am vacationing around the western part of Himalayas for the last 9 days with my husband. The weather is not cooperating well. It is raining off and on. Somehow managed to go for few hikes in between. Today is one of those days. Today visited the Solang valley that is closer to Rohtang pass which is around 13f feet high. The Solang valley is around 8.5K feet high. The pass is closed because of the heavy snow fall. On the way I have seen lots of Primula denticulata.Here are some pictures
1. Western Himalaya mountain
2. Primula denticulata habitat
3. Primula denticulata plant

Gabriela:

--- Quote from: kris on April 29, 2024, 12:05:49 PM ---I am vacationing around the western part of Himalayas for the last 9 days with my husband. The weather is not cooperating well. It is raining off and on. Somehow managed to go for few hikes in between. Today is one of those days. Today visited the Solang valley that is closer to Rohtang pass which is around 13f feet high. The Solang valley is around 8.5K feet high. The pass is closed because of the heavy snow fall. On the way I have seen lots of Primula denticulata.Here are some pictures
1. Western Himalaya mountain
2. Primula denticulata habitat
3. Primula denticulata plant

--- End quote ---

Always great to see plants in their wild habitat Kris!
I am sorry the weather hasn't been on your side, especially considering the long trip.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version