We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Looking forward to our FREE Plant Show in Bearsden  next Saturday.  Plant Nurseries attending will be Ardfearn, Hartside, and Macplants Nursery and our SRGC  members' plant stall. Don't forget the unforgettable teas and cakes!  See you there.
Flowers and Foliage Now / Re: April 2024 in the Northern Hemisphere
« Last post by Mike Ireland on April 28, 2024, 08:47:58 PM »
Cassiope wardii
Dicentra cuccularia
Still cool & damp so the plants are lasting in flower for so much longer.
Plant Identification Questions and Answers / Re: Seen today
« Last post by Graham Catlow on April 28, 2024, 05:41:21 PM »
I knew it wouldn’t be long before someone identified it for me.
Many thanks arisaema.
The index for the IRG  is updated. ....Latest IRG Index,  incl. for IRG 171 is online now
https://www.srgc.net/documents/irg/IRG-Index.pdf

(Ashley says there's no need to thank him - I disagree!  8)
« Last post by Maggi Young on April 28, 2024, 04:43:51 PM »
Yes it is Maggie, it has been in the same large pot for about 35 years. As you can see its about twice the size of the pot.
good grief! That's a big one - doesn't seem to mind being potbound, does it - and it surely is at that size!!
Plant Identification Questions and Answers / Re: Seen today
« Last post by arisaema on April 28, 2024, 04:40:14 PM »
It's an American, Jeffersonia diphylla
« Last post by Robert on April 28, 2024, 04:33:42 PM »

Calochortus luteus is coming into bloom now. It is a fine species. The next generation of plants and hybrids will likely bloom next year. This species is highly variable, so there are many possibilities with this species.

Erythranthe guttata is a short-lived perennial species. I am working on developing a line of plants that are strongly perennial, and bloom profusely. Profusely blooming plants is easy, developing plants that will reliably live for more than 2 to 3 years is proving to be challenging.

My primary goal is to create plants that are practical garden plants. Triteleia ixioides ssp. scabra and Erythranthe guttata preform extremely well in a garden setting.

Diplacus pictus and Erthranthe guttata are thriving in our garden.

Triteleia hyacinthina and Iris hartwegii ssp. hartwegii are also thriving in our garden.
« Last post by Robert on April 28, 2024, 04:30:43 PM »

Some scenes from our Sacramento, California garden.

This tub full of Layia gaillardioides has been blooming for many weeks now.

Erythranthe bicolor RMB 1017 has also been blooming for many weeks now. I am getting a great deal of genetic variability with this accession. Some plants produce flowers abundantly.  Some are upright in their growth habit, a characteristic I have observed in other accessions. It will be enjoyable selecting and working with these plants into the future.

DIplacus kelloggii RMB 1053 is another new accession. I found Erythranthe bicolor RMB 1017 and Diplacus kelloggii RMB 1053 growing in the same location in close association with each other. They both bloom at the same time and combined attractively with each other in their natural rock garden setting. I will see if I can duplicate this in our Sacramento garden.

Twining Brodiaea, Dichelostemma volubile, is a common, widespread species in the lower elevations of California. The vining flowering stems travel around, with flowers appearing in surprising locations throughout the garden.

Allium unifolium – It is difficult to improve upon this beautiful, easy-to-grow species. There are many local species of Allium to work with in our part of Northern California. Working with the other Allium species will keep me busy for many years.
Plant Identification Questions and Answers / Seen today
« Last post by Graham Catlow on April 28, 2024, 03:50:36 PM »
Hi, I’m sure someone will be able to identify this for me.
Seen today at the Japanese Garden at Cowden.

« Last post by Andre Schuiteman on April 28, 2024, 12:53:30 PM »
Ericaceae are loving the cool, wet spring weather here (near London).

A dwarf form of Kalmia buxifolia, better known as Leiophyllum buxifolium.

The moonlight-coloured Rhododendron sargentianum.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal