Specific Families and Genera > Meconopsis

Meconopsis 2024

(1/4) > >>

Leena:
Wild collected seeds I bought from Holubeck (horridula, integrifolia, prattii and punicea) December are now germinating, and very well, too. :) The seed pots were outside all winter, under snow and I took them to cold polytunnel two weeks ago where they are now germinating. Even in M.punicea pot there are couple of seedlings coming up. I now hope I can keep all these alive until flowering. :)

Outside in the garden M.baileyi ('Glacier Blue')

And M.integrifolia, seeds from a kind forumist couple of years ago.

ashley:
Very exciting Leena 8)
I've never succeeded with punicea.

Leena:

--- Quote from: ashley on April 20, 2024, 01:23:00 PM ---I've never succeeded with punicea.

--- End quote ---

I have tried it twice but never got the seeds to germinate, so I'm very excited to get seedlings this time.
Did you have trouble with them later?

ashley:
No, I never got any germination so either my conditions were wrong or the seed wasn't viable.
However Margaret or others may know if there are any particular challenges in growing the seedlings on.

arisaema:
I think it's down to them needing a prolonged freeze to germinate, I never had issues in Norway, but they (the exact same Holubec seeds as Leena) haven't germinated here in Denmark... I'll keep my fingers crossed they'll germinate next spring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version