We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Robert's Crystal Range Project - Year 3, 2021  (Read 12914 times)

Hoy

• Rogaland, Norway - We used to have mild winters!
Re: Robert's Crystal Range Project - Year 3, 2021
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2021, 04:35:44 PM »
Robert,

Yes of course, it is best that automobile (we call them bobil "living-car") campers use sites the sites intended for them, but I was more thinking of tenting.

Here I can put up a tent wherever I want except on cropland and in gardens but it has to be at least 200m away from a house.
Trond Hoy, gardening on the rainy west coast of Norway.

Robert

• All text and photos © Robert Barnard
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2021, 08:30:33 PM »
Here in California what applies to automobiles also applies to tenting. One cannot camp anywhere with a tent except for wilderness areas (with a few exceptions). In California even tent campers are now very disrespectful of private property. This was not always the case, but things have changed.
Robert Barnard
Sacramento & Placerville, Northern California, U.S.A.
All text and photos © Robert Barnard

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him stepto the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
- Henry David Thoreau

cohan

• forest gnome
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2021, 07:40:46 PM »
Lots of great plants up there, fun to see at any season, but spring must be nice for sure- though I imagine that is tricky as some areas would be in full growth with others under snow, still.

Robert

• All text and photos © Robert Barnard
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2021, 07:58:25 PM »
Cohan,

I rarely get down to Sonora Pass these days. Yes, the wildflowers put on a tremendous show in the spring. And, yes the winter snow can be extremely deep and linger for months on the north facing slopes. The snowmelt species are quite interesting and are of a little different mix than those that I routinely see in the Crystal Range.
Robert Barnard
Sacramento & Placerville, Northern California, U.S.A.
All text and photos © Robert Barnard

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him stepto the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
- Henry David Thoreau

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal