We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Galanthus April 2024  (Read 1519 times)

ashley

• Pops in from Cork
Re: Galanthus April 2024
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2024, 09:05:21 AM »
Really beautiful Leena, thank you :)
Ashley Allshire, Cork, Ireland

Stefan B.

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2024, 01:53:45 PM »
It was my pleasure, thank you Leena!

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2024, 06:19:15 PM »
Thank you Ashley and Stefan, I'm happy you enjoyed it even though I only spoke Finnish.
The snowdrops which were still flowering were not up early when the bad weather came again.
I thought cold is now over, but today the forecast said it will be again 7 degrees colder than usual next week and even snow one night!
And it is May.

Close to the end of the video I showed a double snowdrop, possibly a seedling.
In that side of the bed I have never planted any double snowdrops though I have several close by (Flore Pleno, Barbara's Double, Flocon de Neige, and across the path Ailwyn).
In that spot I had 'E.A.Bowles' which sadly vanished one winter, but it had produced self sown seedlings which I showed. They are all single plicatus two earlier flowering ones and one later.
This double has also some plicate leaves.
My question is, is there a named double snowdrop like this (which I haven't bought but perhaps I had gotten the wrong plant, though I really don't think I have planted anything just there), or could this be a seedling from 'E.A.Bowles'?

Leena from south of Finland

Herman Mylemans

• Gentians
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2024, 10:28:27 AM »
Two days ago I took a long video (33 min) from my most floriferous place in the garden right now.
There are still snowdrops flowering and crocuses. At the same time Corydalis and Hepatica are also flowering.
Sorry, no English translation, but I have written the names of the plants in the video.

Leena, beautiful spring garden with a lot of botanical treasures. Thanks for showing!
Your Hepatica’s are growing well! I am surprised that japonica’s and pubescens also are growing well in your garden, probably because of snowcovering in winter.
Belgium

Mariette

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2024, 08:51:21 PM »
A wonderful presentation of Your glorious spring-garden, Leena! Its so colourful - in our part of the world hepatica and larkspurs, for example, start flowering at the end of the snowdrop-season. Your climate provides advantages one might envy You for.  :)

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal