We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Holehird gardens Lake Distirict  (Read 727 times)

Lawrence

• Lawrence Peet Alpines  - pictures
Holehird gardens Lake Distirict
« on: September 21, 2015, 07:12:16 AM »
Just come back from a weekend break in the Lakes, and my first visit to Holehird gardens and definitely not my last. Beautifully maintained gardens, a mass of colour, very well labelled and in fantastic surroundings. Just a few pictures of the tufa house ( for full gallery please see lawrencepeetalpines.com)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Holehird gardens Lake Distirict
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 01:13:17 PM »
Thanks for those Lawrence (your link doesn't seem to act as an hyperlink though?). I've had Holehird on my ever lengthening list of places I must see ever since Shelagh (or was it Cliff Booker?) showed some pictures a couple of years ago.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Holehird gardens Lake Distirict
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 02:30:30 PM »
Thanks for those Lawrence (your link doesn't seem to act as an hyperlink though?). I've had Holehird on my ever lengthening list of places I must see ever since Shelagh (or was it Cliff Booker?) showed some pictures a couple of years ago.

http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?topic=5586.0   

www.holehirdgardens.org.uk

and Lawrence's site : http://lawrencepeetalpines.com/
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal