We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: New Year Plant Hunting in Britain and Ireland  (Read 1448 times)

Margaret Thorne

• Mountain Explorer
Re: New Year Plant Hunting in Britain and Ireland
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2024, 05:15:02 PM »
Oh to be able to go back to university and do a doctorate in ecology!

I'd be fascinated to go back to university and redo my first degree in ecology, to see how much the thinking has changed. One of my lecturers, David Bellamy, didn't believe human activities were contributing to climate change.....but that was a wee while ago!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 05:39:04 PM by Margaret Thorne »
Broughton Heights, Scottish Borders

FrazerHenderson

• For people, scenery and plants visit Yemen
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2024, 11:11:15 AM »
Folks we're never too old...... just look at this chap https://www.theguardian.com/education/2021/jul/16/hastings-uk-oldest-new-graduate-archie-white-east-sussex-college  and a friend of mine has just started an environmental degree withe the Open University at 74 and intends to graduate when he's 80.
Yemen, what a country ... Haraz mountains, Socotra, Sana'a, Hadramaut, the empty quarter.... a country of stunning, mind altering beauty...and the friendliest of people.

Margaret Thorne

• Mountain Explorer
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2024, 04:50:33 PM »
Better sooner rather than later or we'll never stand the pace of the field trips, let alone Freshers' Week!
Broughton Heights, Scottish Borders

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal