Seedy Subjects! > Seed Exchange

SRGC Seed Donations from USA 2022-2023

<< < (2/3) > >>

MarcR:
Diane,

It is my pleasure to do this! I have an ongoing good experience working with Monica Little at Seatac APHIS PPQ [near Seattle]. Placing my address under the permit label is a good idea; but a label in the envelope also works.

Marc

bainbridges:
Overseas seed donations from all countries

We have just heard though Diane Clement at AGS, that UK Environment Department officials have very recently assured her that there will be no checks on seed imported into the UK in 2022, even though there's nothing posted on government websites. 

On this basis, we ask you to send your seed to us directly in the usual way, to Ian & Carole Bainbridge, Luckie Harg's, Anwoth, Gatehouse of Fleet, Castle Douglas, DG7 2EF Scotland, by 31st October.  Full details of what to do are on the webpage below.

This means that USA and Canadian members can please ignore previous 'new' instructions

Once again, many thanks for your efforts in donating to SRGC.

This means that Marc Rosenblum will be able to stand down from duties, so to speak.  We really appreciate his offer to coordinate seed from the USA and Canada, and the actions he's already taken to help with what now seems to be unnecessary for this year at least.  So, very many thanks Marc from all at the SRGC Seed Exchange.

Jan Jeddeloh:
Does anyone know the current UK position on requiring phytos for importing seed?  This has been an on again, off again thing ever since Brexit reared its ugly head.  Last I heard it was off, at least for 2022, but who knows.

I'm running the seed exchange for the Pacific Bulb Society and we've had an inquiry from a Brit wanting to know if we can send her seed if she joins.  I'd like to know what to tell her.  I think she's only interested in joining if she can get seed.  Our seed exchange offers lots of South African seed and some South American seed and apparently this seed isn't easy to get in the UK.

Thanks,
Jan Jeddeloh

MarcR:
Jan,

Phytos are NOT required this tear. 

Jan Jeddeloh:
So are you sure that's going to be the case for all of 2023?  i'm hoping a Brit will chime in and tell me where I can verify this.

Jan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version