We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Galanthus / Re: Galanthus March 2024
« Last post by Stefan B. on Today at 03:39:03 PM »
I miss the snow, in this warm winter and I am glad of your snow, Leena!
The last snowdrop in my garden, as of today.

Galanthus platyphyllus
Bulbs General / Re: Trillium 2024
« Last post by Leena on Today at 03:28:45 PM »
Beautiful Trilliums, Claire! The one which Herman pointed out is special, but I liked all T.chloropetalums, especially the one from wild collected seeds.
Trillium from Dave's seeds are also good, and I love the yellow one. I have similar also from Dave's seeds. :)

Herman, your Trillium chloropetalum ex 'Val Mulvihill' is very nice and unusual colour. :)
Galanthus / Re: Galanthus March 2024
« Last post by Leena on Today at 03:20:47 PM »
My real yellow snowdrops are not up yet, but it is very typical that snowdrops are olive green here. Some more than others, some are with mulch, some don't have mulch so it isn't always because they were covered by mulch or leaves. When ground frost is deep, the olive green or yellow is more pronounced.
They become more green as flowering continues, but some are never as "green" as in more southern countries, and it depends on a year and weather.
Here is 'Bambino' coming through snow, no ground frost in this bed this year. :)
In another neglected part of the garden (there are quite a few of them, actually :-[ ) I spied a late flowering form of Amaryllis belladonna.
There was still viable looking pollen so I decided to try my luck crossing it with some of the nerines in an attempt to increase our range of xAmarines. Time will tell if any of the crosses take,
cheers
fermi
In a neglected part of the garden a clump of Nerine rosea has been growing without any input from us apart from clearing a bit of the overgrowth to allow the flowers to see the light,
cheers
fermi
Last weekend I decided to put the sprinkler on this bed and it seems that helped spur on the Rhodophiala bifida to finally send up a flower stem with the promise of many more,
cheers
fermi
Almost a week ago the first Sternbergia lutea finally made an appearance in the rough grass at the base of a rock garden.
Today there were a few more in bloom,
cheers
fermi
Primula / Re: Rumbling Bridge nursery
« Last post by Maggi Young on March 28, 2024, 05:25:23 PM »
Heard back from Hillary -
"Hi Lawrence,
From the time of our announcement, last summer, of our pending retirement, stock - including Primulas - was quick to sell, mainly to retail mail order customers.

Regards

Hilary "
Virtual visits to widely differing locations in the world this month in IRG.
From the United States of America, Robert Barnard treats us to a visit to one of his favourite places in California while Frazer Henderson introduces us to the Isle of Eigg - a small Scottish island where few Scots have visited.

Click here to download and read free:  https://www.srgc.net/documents/irg/240328162404IRG170.pdf

Cover image: A view of the Rocky Basin by Robert Barnard.
719804-0
Primula / Re: Rumbling Bridge nursery
« Last post by Maggi Young on March 28, 2024, 01:55:41 PM »
I've sent a message to Hilary Butler to ask, Lawrence.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal