We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Need some John Innes #1!  (Read 771 times)

drtd

• Certifiable Plant-a-holic
Need some John Innes #1!
« on: April 08, 2014, 08:06:28 PM »
Does anybody know where I can buy a bag of John Innes #1 in the United States? Even online would be alright if the shipping isn't outrageous. Thanks!

-Danny
-Danny

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Need some John Innes #1!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 08:34:49 PM »
Think you're going to struggle Danny. John Innes is a formula for a range of composts with varying degrees of fertiliser depending on what it is going to be used for and was first devised at The John Innes Institute here in England. The formulae are below:

http://gardenofeaden.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/how-to-make-john-innes-compost.html

I'm sure some our USA members will be able to tell you what your nearest alternative might be though
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

drtd

• Certifiable Plant-a-holic
Re: Need some John Innes #1!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 09:23:55 PM »
Thanks David! I thought about mixing my own, but its just not cost effective for how small of an amount that I need. I have a small pack of Physoplexis seed coming soon and need some substrate to sow them into. I went straight to John Innes because it is the "standard", but I suppose any soiless seed media with sharp drainage will work.
-Danny

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal