We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Nomocharis  (Read 743 times)

jes

Nomocharis
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:38:43 AM »
Hi
 I just want to know if you could help me Nomocharis seeds.
 I have tried a couple of years so that these seeds but nothing comes out of it.
 I do as you type, wound in a light moisturizing earth - but no.
 Should I put the pots outside now or as Gote writes elsewhere "they grow at 20 C." equal inside.
 Can you help - I would so like to have time in Nomocharis.

smile from Jes
Copenhagen - Denmark

Magnar

• Magnar's Arctic Alpines and Perennials
Re: Nomocharis
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 08:54:37 AM »
Nomocharis seeds do not need cold treatment to grow. If the seeds are good, they will grow in room temperature within a month.
Magnar in Harstad, North Norway

Magnar's Arctic Alpines and Perennials:
http://magnar.aspaker.no

David Pilling

• Computer Guru
Re: Nomocharis
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 05:44:22 PM »
Hi,

I'd sow them as soon as possible at 60 degrees F (61F==16C). I'd do just what Ian Young shows on his bulb log - on the top of well drained material. I suppose the catch there, is "if you want them to germinate at once", which depends on having somewhere warm and light to keep them.

When I got them from the seedex, in small numbers I'd put them in zip seal bags with damp kitchen towels. Germination could be sporadic, and go on into the middle of Summer. In ziplock bags you can keep track of them, which matters when you only have 2 or 3.

David Pilling at the seaside in North West England.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal