General Subjects > General Forum

Scottish Rock Garden Club : Membership and a chance to make a donation

<< < (2/3) > >>

Diane Whitehead:
Maggi,

Does it cost less in PayPal fees if one makes one big donation rather than a series
of small ones?  In other words, is there a standard fee per transaction or are the
fees a percentage of the amount given?

Maggi Young:
It's a percentage fee, Diane so it makes no difference if gifts are large or small.

All are most gratefully received, I assure you!

latestart:
For Dinosaurs like me who think I have arrived because I now pay my membership by DD and who shy away from internet transactions of any kind would it be possible to have a donations box at one of the shows or at club meetings, specifically for donations to be made. I note many of the donors choose to be anonymous. I'm sure for younger members paypal is a normal way of transacting business wherever they are in the world and will no doubt become the norm but does it have to be now. 

Maggi Young:
The provision of donation boxes may well be a possibility - which I hope Council will consider.
The suggestion for  Paypal as a method  is because it can be used by anyone, anywhere, with a credit card  ( which covers a LOT of people!) and is a quick, secure method. Of course, it is the choice of the  individual to use it or not.

Meantime, there is always the choice for anyone to send a donation to the SRGC Treasurer, Richard Green, by post  to :

Richard Green (SRGC)
Cedar Cottage
Balfron Station
Glasgow
G63 0SQ
United Kingdom

I assure you that Richard will be delighted to accept  on behalf of the Club, any donations by that method.

latestart:
Thank you Maggie. I hope Council will consider donation boxes . Having been brought up on the 'Every mickle makes a muckle'  and anonymous should mean exactly that with no intermediary there is the added advantage of promoting to people who come to the shows both the website and Forum. They may have heard they exist but they may not know that they can access parts of them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version