Administration > General

Viewing and Posting pictures on the Forum

<< < (8/8)

Maggi Young:
I've just tried  another  resizing method that I've known of but not tried  before .... emailing the image to oneself.  Just done this with a  file over  3.69 MB and  requested the  1024  x 628 option, clicked send  and  got a resized photo arrive,  just  138kb which loads perfectly.
Actually much quicker than using the  ACDSee  programme I would ordinarily use to resize and useful if you find your files are really too large to load easily.
Have asked Fred Admin to look into  question of  tweaking time-out limits in case that is a factor in the problem one or two are reporting.
Method described in previous post working for most I'm glad to say. 

Maggi Young:

--- Quote --- I would post some photos if  could, but apparently my files are always too big (sigh).
--- End quote ---

Oh dear, I do not  know  why  you  have  this problem. I do occasionally have  such a  hiccup but  by  and  large  the  system will post  photos  of  just  abut  any  size  without  "complaint". The  other  day I was  posting  pix from elsewhere  for  a  member  and  I posted  a  whole string  of  large  size  images  without  bother. Suddenly  the  system decided to "change  its  mind"  and baulked  at any  larger  than 200kb.  Irritating? Yes, but  I  used the  simple  resizing  element  I have  on my  ancient  ACDSee programme  and   then loaded the  pix as  usual.  It  really  didn't  take  very  long and  the  end  result  is  that the  photos are  there  in the  forum as  a  lasting  record.
I am far  from being  a  computer  whizz and  the  programme  I use  for  photo sizing  etc is, in computer  terms, almost  antediluvian, so no fancy knowledge  or  equipment  is  needed. 
As  previously  stated, it  seems  the  best  way to load  photos  is  using  the  attachimg route  = inline  full size  image
Of  course, there  will be internet  connection changes/interruptions from time  to time - depending  on the  service  in  a  given area or  time,  and  often these  are  so minimal   as  to  pass un-noticed  generally, but  they  do occur, I am reliably  informed, so I do hope that  people  will  not  be  deterred  and  will make  that extra  effort, should  it  be  needed, to support the  forum fully.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Pic is 6.84 MB - posted  without  resizing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version