We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Announcement of the death of AGS President Frank Tindall  (Read 1749 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Announcement of the death of AGS President Frank Tindall
« on: September 14, 2009, 07:28:30 PM »
It is with the greatest sadness that we record the recent passing of the Alpine Garden Society President, Frank Tindall.

Frank, who became the AGS President in 2006, had also been a member of SRGC for about  forty years and was a real  enthusiast, keen to encourage participation by members in both clubs.

Well respected by all who knew him, Frank had experience as an exhibitor, Judge, member of the RHS Joint Rock Committee and had, of course, served the AGS faithfully in many capacities over the years.

It was typical of Frank that he  was unstinting in his support of charitable ventures in his home town of Huddersfield.

It was a great pleasure that Frank joined with us in celebrating the 75th Anniversary of the SRGC last year in Edinburgh and a very sad irony that he will be absent from the AGS 80th Anniversary Conference next weekend.

We send our sincere condolences to Miriam and to their Family, daughter Caroline, son Graham and his grandaughter Olivia, on the loss of Frank.

He was a fine man, a good grower and stalwart of our two organisations, always happy to give advice and encouragement: we will miss him very much.

164041-0

Two Presidents: Ian Christie and  Frank Tindall

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 07:23:34 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

ichristie

• Former President
Re: Announcement of the death of AGS President Frank Tindall
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 07:33:55 PM »
I wish to pay tribute to A.G.S. President Frank Tindall, we had many conversations over the past three years and these contacts were very important to me it was great to be able to share views about our term as presidents. Frank was passionate about the members of AGS a straight talker and a good friend to many. He was also very supportive of SRGC, a long standing  member, his cheery laugh made us all smile. We cared very much for Frank and send  our condolences to his family, we shall miss him a true friend and fellow plantsman.  Ian the Christie kind.
Ian ...the Christie kind...
from Kirriemuir

Tony Willis

• Wandering Star
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 01:09:09 PM »
It was a great shock to hear Frank had died. I had known him for nearly thirty years and although we met much less often since I stopped showing it was always as if it had been yesterday. Every occasion was full of laughter usually at each others expense and the thought of meeting him was always something to look forward to.
A nicer,kinder man would be impossible to meet.The thought of going to a show and not seeing him seems quite unreal. I will miss him greatly.
Chorley, Lancashire zone 8b

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 12:12:56 PM »
These are the details for Frank's funeral:

Cortege leaves the Highfield Funeral Home on Monday September 28th at 2.30 p.m. for Service and cremation at Huddersfield Crematorium at 3.00 p.m. Will friends please accept this the only intimation and kindly meet at the crematorium. Family flowers only please, donations in lieu if desired, to Royal British Legion or Macmillan Cancer Relief for which a plate will be available at the crematorium.

Address for Huddersfield Crematorium :
Fixby Road , Huddersfield , HD2 2JF

google map link:   
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

ichristie

• Former President
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 07:22:38 AM »
I drove South yesterday to Huddersfield where I paid my respects on behalf of The SRGC at Franks funeral. The day was sad yet happy with many tributes to Frank, to meet his family and share a little time with them was very special, we shall miss Frank a good friend, Ian Christie.
Ian ...the Christie kind...
from Kirriemuir

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal