We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: New website of interest  (Read 370 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
New website of interest
« on: January 19, 2024, 12:02:13 PM »
 Yvain Dubois sends news of his  "small nursery (or maybe just his surplus bulbs 😂)" : https://www.pepiniere-horssentier.fr or https://www.facebook.com/pepiniere.horssentier
It may be of interest to  some of the SRGC  Forum members ? As  he is France, he  can't sell in UK  (too small and it's stil too difficult to send living plants)
In in own words Yvain describes his  nursery :
"- Heirlooms roses : I cultivate ~200 varieties and multiply around 100 of them, only by cuttings : from bush to climbing. Grown in pts, I send them bare roots from november to march.
- wild bulbs, mainly from Europe and some from sout Africa and south America. My stocks are still low but I hope to be able to sell some daffodil, muscari, scilla, allium... this year. Crocus and Tulipa will come in a few years if vole don't eat all of them before.
- Seeds of crop plants and other annual wild flower : most of original seeds have been collected in french fields. Some are now very rare and are now cultivated at small scale at home.
Hors-sentier mean out of the pathway : when you are in mountain, when you are out of the pathway, you are in... the wilderness, from where come my bulbs and my seeds. Hors des sentiers battus is also an expression meaning that you are not main stream and, that also what I am.
I hope that you will enjoy it,
All the best,
Yvain "

I hope this is of interest to those able to purchase from Yvain.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 08:39:55 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Karaba

• My 2015-2016 seed list (in french)
Re: New website of interest
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 06:41:45 PM »
Thank you so much Maggi for sharing the links   :D
Yvain Dubois - Isère, France (Zone 7b)  _ south east Lyon

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal