We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: DRYAD NURSERY SUMMER LIST  (Read 1472 times)

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
DRYAD NURSERY SUMMER LIST
« on: July 14, 2022, 06:57:13 PM »
All being well, our summer list will be sent to subscribers by email around 6.30 pm on Saturday 16 July. Shortly after, the pdf version will be available on our website homepage at https://www.dryad-home.co.uk

This is our most comprehensive list so far, and includes clearance stock of many of the snowdrops, but many items are in very limited numbers, so you will have to be very quick!

Some items new for 2022 will go onto ebay over the next couple of weeks.
Here is a taster of our new miniature daffodils:

SWIFTLET – our smallest cyclamineus hybrid - creamy lemon and only 5cm high.

MISS POPPY – named for my granddaughter, 12cm high pretty trumpet variety opening lemon yellow and maturing to white.

PEACH TWIST – eye-catching trumpet variety, 12cm high with white spiralling perianth and frilly trumpet that matures to a pale peach.

SWEET PETITE – much admired at alpine shows, flowering at 10-12cm with gently nodding 3cm wide flowers, white perianth and lemon corona, and a delicious scent.

TODDLER – sturdy, chubby little all white daff  flowering at 16cm under glass.

MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
Re: DRYAD NURSERY SUMMER LIST
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 06:58:01 PM »
Some new moons!
PANDIA – one of the latest additions to our Moon series of hoop petticoats. Flowering at 15cm high, the flowers are petunioid in shape with a very flat corona and exserted stamens, rich lemony-cream when first open and becoming paler.

IAPETUS – the other new moon - wide, pleated hoop petticoat which brings to mind Marilyn Monroe’s famous flaring skirt!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 09:41:21 AM »

Just a reminder that my summer list of narcissi and galanthus will be sent out to subscribers tonight around 18.30.
Our most comprehensive list ever, it will offer over 60 snowdrops (including our Dryad Golds and Myths and Legends inverse poculiforms), and over 120 different miniature daffodils.
Happy Hunting!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 07:39:11 PM »
Many thanks to all our customers for their orders. If anyone is still thinking of ordering, please check the current availability list on our website homepage: https://www.dryad-home.co.uk

While I am preparing the bulbs for packing and ploughing through the paperwork, I will be putting our summer listings on EBAY.
There will be a limited number of varieties available, almost all new introductions for 2022 from our own daffodil and snowdrop breeding programmes.

PLEASE NOTE that we will now only be offering our bulbs dormant in summer, and will no longer be offering snowdrops in growth in spring.

If any customer would like me to hold posting their order until the EBAY listings are finished, please let me know.
The first listings will hopefully go live tomorrow night (Saturday 23rd).

EBAY SALES -  I sell as DRYADZNY.

If you want to follow me as a seller, and be informed when the bulbs are listed, use this link and click on 'FOLLOW"
http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/dryadzny

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 10:20:08 PM »
Our first listings for the summer are now live on EBAY for 3 days.
The first offerings are presided over by the King of the Gods and attended by dancing girls, a fanfare of trumpets and a swish of hoop petticoats!

The snowdrops are headed up by DRYAD ZEUS, our first new Myths and Legends addition for 2022.
Dryad Zeus has been a nursery favourite since its first flowering, easily spotted amongst all its peers due to its bold streak of deep green running down the centre of the outer segments, leading to it being named after Zeus, the god of the sky and thunder in Greek mythology, well-known for sending down bolts of lightning from the heavens. This snowdrop is equally striking!
Flowering at up to 270mm high (under glass, probably shorter outside), the flowers are held on upright pedicels above arching, plicate leaves which are half the height of the pedicels at flowering time. The mark on each outer segment is a parallel sided, rich green longitudinal stripe covering the central one third of the segment, rounded towards the apex, at which there is a white notch, and fading to paler yellowish green just before reaching the base. The stripe usually has a very slight ‘waist’ halfway along, occasionally breaking into a double mark.
We will be offering multi-nosed bulbs, which increase well and will soon become an electrifying feature in your collection!
For comparison, you might like to see photos of Dryad Zeus and Dryad Demeter side by side. Zeus was bred from Wendy’s Gold x South Hayes and is easy to tell apart from Demeter, which is from Trymlet x South Hayes. Note the shapes of the outer segment marks and very different leaf habit.
You may have noticed that Zeus has a yellow as a mother, so it is worth pollinating with another yellow to see what you get!

The dancing girls are represented by DRYAD TERPSICHORE, named for one of the nine Muses of Greek legend, who was also the goddess of dance.
Her snowdrop has long been a favourite here due to the fluid, informal bearing of the flowers, each adopting an individual pose with slightly twisted segments giving the impression of whirling movement, skirts flaring as if they are dancing, even when there is no breeze.
The artistry continues with the outer segment mark which is a painterly ‘splash’ along the lower third of the midline, stopping short of the up-tilted apical sinus, while the inner segments bear an inverted deep green heart. The flowers are sweetly scented.
The plants are neat and compact, with upright, plicate leaves which are short at flowering time, with the large flowers borne on upright stems reaching to 20cm in height.
In the legend, Terpsichore was thought to be the mother of the Sirens, whose haunting song lured sailors to their doom, but the siren-call of this romantic flower can only lead to delight as the flowers appear to swirl and spin in a silent dance.

Our third snowdrop is our first offering of GALANTHUS MELTSAS, one of the superb ESTONIAN BIRDS series of new doubles.
This one is named after the Estonian for Green Woodpecker (Picus viridis)
Bred from a G. plicatus from Krasnodar region, Russia (with all-green inner segments) x nivalis ’Flore Pleno’ this is truly well-named for the Green Woodpecker with its green striped and tipped outer segments and heavily green-marked inners. Looking up into the flower the inner segments appear rich green with a clean, narrow white edge. The flowers have been very stable here, always with 3 outer segments and a neat, regular boss of inners. A nursery favourite.

The trumpet accompaniment is provided by our first new miniature daffodil introductions for 2022.

NARCISSUS MISS POPPY 1 W-W
Named after our baby granddaughter and (almost) as adorable. This little trumpet variety opens pale lemon and matures to white, often showing the whole range of colours in the pot.
Only 12 cm high grown under glass (probably shorter outside) the upright stems proudly hold their perfect little daffodil flowers above the foliage. The trumpet is prettily flared at the mouth, and the petals overlap slightly to give a good exhibition form. Early flowering.

NARCISSUS PEACH TWIST 1 W-O
Something a little different! An eye-catching trumpet variety, only 12cm high with white spiralling perianth and frilly trumpet that matures to a pale peach. Often commented on by visitors.

NARCISSUS SWIFTLET 6 Y-Y
Named for the swift babies in our nest boxes getting ready to fly. Swiftlet is a tiny hybrid offered for the first time last summer. Flowering at only 7cm/3” high, the perfectly proportioned little flowers are a glistening pale lemon with a fully reflexed perianth and long, slightly flared corona. The leaves are a rich deep green and display the flowers beautifully. A favourite here at the nursery.

The swish of petticoats comes from our new MOON series daffodils.

NARCISSUS IAPETUS has wide, pleated flowers which bring to mind Marilyn Monroe’s famous flaring skirt! Very early flowering and richly scented, like the other MOONs it is best grown under glass where it can be given a dry, summer rest.

Its sister NARCISSUS PANDIA flowers at 15cm high, the flowers are petunioid in shape with a very flat corona and exserted stamens, rich lemony-cream when first open and becoming paler.

Finally, though not bred here at DRYAD, two aristocrats of the daffodil world:

NARCISSUS CEDRIC MORRIS is the legendary Christmas flowering daffodil, which will indeed give blooms for your Christmas table in favourable years. Much sought after and always in short supply. Good garden plant and will probably do best planted out. 9-10” high, small golden trumpets about 1” across.

NARCISSUS CANTABRICUS PETUNIOIDES is a superlative form of Narcissus cantabricus which originated with Van Tubergen. Carried on a short stem, the corona of the brilliant, ice-white flowers are widely spread, prettily pleated and with a toothed margin. I only ever have very few of this clone to offer. It is best grown under cover.

IMPORTANT – US customers may bid on the narcissus, but not galanthus. I’m sorry, but apart from those, I can only post to England, Scotland and Wales this year due to Brexit complications.

All the bulbs are offered as multinosed ‘clumps-in-waiting’
You can find our listings here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dryadzny/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 10:44:32 AM »
Our first listings for this summer finishing tonight on EBAY.
The snowdrops for sale include our two NEW inverse poculiforms in the DRYAD MYTHS AND LEGENDS series - DRYAD ZEUS and DRYAD TERPSICHORE.
The head-turning flowers of DRYAD ZEUS feature a bold streak of rich green along the outer segments, while in contrast the informality and fluid shape of the flowers of DRYAD TERPSICHORE will bring the appearance of movement even on a still day.
The stunning regular double MELTSAS lives up to its Green Woodpecker namesake displaying green markings on the outer segments, and deep green inners. We are excited to be offering this Estonian treasure for the first time.

The assemblage of true miniature daffodils includes four NEW varieties offered here for the first time.

From our MOON series of hoop petticoat daffodils, we offer IAPETUS, with crisply pleated flowers, and PANDIA with rich cream widely flaring flowers. Both of these are very early flowering and will give a beautiful, scented display under glass to raise your spirits in late winter.
Nature herself has supplied the superb form of NARCISSUS CANTABRICUS PETUNIOIDES, with its icy white, disc-like flowers. I only ever have very few of these to offer.

The trumpet section is led by MISS POPPY, an enchanting little 1W-W, and family favourite, named after my granddaughter and equally as bewitching.
SWIFTLET is our smallest division 6 so far, and in my favourite pale lemon colour. The flowers are in perfect proportion to the stem and foliage, and eye-catching for exhibition.
PEACH TWIST is something a little different with its unusual peach-blushed trumpet and gracefully spiralling perianth – a favourite with visitors here.

Finally, the always-in-demand CEDRIC MORRIS, famously flowering at Christmas (and it will if the weather is favourable), joins the crowd by virtue of its rarity and popularity - always selling out immediately in its rare appearance in my summer list. Here is your only chance to obtain this variety if you are not fast enough to claim it in the general list.

You can find our listings here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dryadzny/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Good Luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2022, 08:26:22 PM »
In our EBAY listings tonight:
DRYAD ZEUS makes its second appearance accompanied by two others from our Myths and Legends series – our second DRYAD TERPSICHORE, and the amazing DRYAD CERBERUS.

DRYAD CERBERUS adds to the pantheon of our collectors’ favourite Myths and Legends series of inverse poculiforms, and has brought many requests when I’ve shown the flower in my lectures – it is truly eye-popping!
I remember seeing the first bud, obviously containing multiple flowers, and being astonished that when it opened, each of its three flowers was perfectly formed. Immediately, it was given the name of the three-headed dog of Greek legend – DRYAD CERBERUS.
Of course, I wish I could tell you that it will do the same regularly, but although it has since had several twins, there have been no more triplets so far.
Nevertheless, even as a singleton it is a stunning plant, up to 30cm tall on sturdy stems over short plicate leaves which display the flowers well. The vigorous mature bulbs usually bear two scapes, with the flower on the secondary scape of different appearance to the primary, so you will still be getting at least two flowers for the price of one!
The outer segment mark is a beautiful deep emerald, formed from an apical inverted V, which is usually, but not always, joined to an oval zone almost reaching to the base. When fully open, the apices of the outer segments flip outwards at the sinus. The segments are of heavy texture with longitudinal corrugations. The inner segments are similarly marked.
Secondary flowers can come in many different variations, making a clump very intriguing and a real talking point.
As this is propagated by division only, there will only be a few bulbs to spare each year.

NEW this year - DRYAD BLIZZARD is the inaugural member of the brand new ‘Dryad Snow’ series of true poculiform snowdrops named for their exceptionally pristine bright white flowers.
The Blizzard lineage started in 2008, when I was generously sent seeds of a poculiform G. elwesii from Canada. When they flowered in 2013, none were poculiform, which was unfortunate but not unexpected. The seedlings were inter-crossed to produce 6 seeds. These F2 seedlings began to flower in 2017 and to my delight, the result was one perfect poculiform.
After 5 years evaluation, this has proved to be a tall and graceful beauty, growing to 30cm under glass, the leaves only half that height at flowering time. The dazzling, large flowers are in perfect proportion at 40mm long including the ovary, and open into an elegant parasol shape. A clump in flower in your garden will make a glorious and breath-taking focal point.
A second outing for the Green Woodpecker Galanthus MELTSAS completes the snowdrop team.

The true miniature daffodils we offer tonight include the second MISS POPPY, ably assisted by another pair of trumpets:
SWEET PETITE has been much admired at alpine shows, flowering at 10-12cm with gently nodding 3cm wide flowers, white perianth and lemon corona, and a delicious scent. A perfect little daffodil in perfect miniature! First time offered.
TODDLER is a sturdy, chubby little all white daffodil flowering at 16cm under glass, probably shorter outside. The perianth overlaps gently at the base, and the rim of the corona is frilled, reminiscent of the ruffs worn in Elizabethan times. Very early flowering and a real charmer!
Finally, a flourish from the flamboyant PALLENE, a stunning hoop petticoat with widely flaring, gently rolled back white flowers and exserted golden stamens. 15cm high, very early, and with a bonus of a delicious strong scent.

Good luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2022, 10:10:51 AM »
FINISHING TONIGHT on EBAY:
A pantheon of MYTHS and LEGENDS – all three of our newest members of the group.
The king of the gods, DRYAD ZEUS with its distinctive rich green streak along the outer segments and neat habit. DRYAD TERPSICHORE offers a beautiful contrast with its fluid shape and artful splash of green. On guard is the fearsome DRYAD CERBERUS – tall and imposing, sometimes with two, or even three, flowers per scape.
Another new introduction, and the first of a new ‘Snow’ series of true poculiforms – the angelic DRYAD BLIZZARD, with large flowers on tall stems will be a striking feature of pure snowy white in your collection.
To complete the snowdrops, the green woodpecker MELTSAS from the ESTONIAN BIRD DOUBLES series makes its second ever appearance.
Our four exclusive true miniature daffodils this session comprise the delectably flamboyant hoop petticoats of PALLENE, and three of our daffodil babies – cute MISS POPPY, tiny and sweetly scented SWEET PETITE and sturdy little TODDLER.
Good Luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2022, 10:06:22 PM »
In our penultimate listings starting tonight:
A full suite of our exclusive new snowdrop varieties bred here at Dryad Nursery, in their first year offered:
DRYAD CERBERUS, named for the three-headed dog of legend, tall and robust - occasionally with two, or even three, boldly marked flowers per scape. Never chipped, so will always be in short supply and high demand.
DRYAD ZEUS named for the lightning-throwing king of the gods, with its bolt of deep green along the outer segments.
DRYAD TERPSICHORE named for the Goddess of Dance and seemingly swirling her artfully green-splashed skirts.
DRYAD BLIZZARD – nine years and 3 generations in the making, our tall and snowy white G. elwesii, is an imposing true poculiform.
All our snowdrops are offered as healthy and vigorous double-nosed bulbs. Please remember – I will not be selling any snowdrops in the green next year, so our next EBAY issue will be summer 2023.

On our daffodil team, we are excited to present a unique selection of Dryad’s speciality true miniature daffodils in the listings tonight:
Our cyclamineus hybrids feature Brian Duncan’s multi award-winning GREAT TRY with a glowing orange corona and gently swept-back golden perianth. It was awarded the Ralph B White Memorial medal for innovation when first shown in 2017, and won Best Miniature at the RHS Rosemoor early competition this spring.
Dryad’s own division 6 is the delightfully elfin SWIFTLET, with glistening palest lemon flowers, the strongly reflexed perianth bringing to mind the speedy flight of our breeding swifts.
The trumpet section offers the neat little MISS POPPY, opening pale yellow and maturing to all white, a group will show a full range of these colours as they open producing an entrancing display.
PEACH TWIST – once seen, never forgotten, it seems, judging by the demand for this little charmer which opens bicoloured white and yellow, before the corona blushes to a pretty peach. The spirally twisted perianth segments and frilled corona lift its merits into the third dimension.
TODDLER – the chubby little all white trumpet variety has a crimped rim to the corona like a choirboy’s ruff.
SWEET PETITE, as its name suggests, is not only charmingly dainty, demurely nodding its flowers, but also sweetly scented with a violet-like fragrance.
The hoop petticoat trio on offer include three of our very popular, widely flared varieties and include PANDIA in creamy white, crisply pleated IAPETUS, and the latter’s mother – nature’s own beauty, Narcissus cantabricus petunioides, in a superb, sought-after form perfect for exhibition.
Good Luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2022, 11:39:05 AM »
Finishing tonight on EBAY, with only one more set of listings to come before next summer:
Our signature miniature daffodils feature world famous breeder Brian Duncan’s multi award-winning GREAT TRY, in gold and orange, perfect for exhibition.
From our own stable – the ensemble includes the last bulb of the superb form of Narcissus cantabricus petunioides, cheeky TODDLER, sweetly scented SWEET PETITE, adorable MISS POPPY, blushing PEACH TWIST and tiny, streamlined SWIFTLET.  Hoop petticoats PANDIA in creamy ivory and pleated IAPETUS complete the cast.

A trio of MYTHS and LEGENDS head up the snowdrop listings, in a rare opportunity to add these varieties to your collections.
Imposing, robust DRYAD CERBERUS will keep you entertained each spring wondering how many flowers per scape (and scapes per bulb) it will give you.
Noble DRYAD ZEUS, with its distinctive stroke of emerald on the flowers, and graceful DRYAD TERPSICHORE with its dancing flowers add to the drama.
DRYAD BLIZZARD’s tall stems and entrancing pure white flowers untouched by green, will provide a calming note of contrast in the winter border.
All our snowdrops are offered as healthy and vigorous double-nosed bulbs. Please remember – I will not be selling any snowdrops in the green next year, so our next EBAY issue will be summer 2023.
POSTING TO ENGLAND, SCOTLAND AND WALES addresses only
Good Luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2022, 10:22:22 PM »
Thank you to all our customers for your orders this summer.
Our season finale listings on EBAY begin tonight! This is the last chance to add these varieties to your collections until summer 2023 as I will not be selling any snowdrops in the green next year.
The five very special snowdrops on offer include the three MYTHS AND LEGENDS inverse poculiforms new for 2022:

DRYAD CERBERUS adds to the pantheon of our collectors’ favourite Myths and Legends series of inverse poculiforms, and has brought many requests when I’ve shown the flower in my lectures – it is truly eye-popping!
I remember seeing the first bud, obviously containing multiple flowers, and being astonished that when it opened, each of its three flowers was perfectly formed. Immediately, it was given the name of the three-headed dog of Greek legend – DRYAD CERBERUS.
Of course, I wish I could tell you that it will do the same regularly, but although it has since had several twins, there have been no more triplets so far.
Nevertheless, even as a singleton it is a stunning plant, up to 30cm tall on sturdy stems over short plicate leaves which display the flowers well. The vigorous mature bulbs usually bear two scapes, with the flower on the secondary scape of different appearance to the primary, so you will still be getting at least two flowers for the price of one!
The outer segment mark is a beautiful deep emerald, formed from an apical inverted V, which is usually, but not always, joined to an oval zone almost reaching to the base. When fully open, the apices of the outer segments flip outwards at the sinus. The segments are of heavy texture with longitudinal corrugations. The inner segments are similarly marked.
Secondary flowers can come in many different variations, making a clump very intriguing and a real talking point.
As this is propagated by division only, there will only be a few bulbs to spare each year.

DRYAD ZEUS has been a nursery favourite since its first flowering, easily spotted amongst all its peers due to its bold streak of deep green running down the centre of the outer segments, leading to it being named after Zeus, the god of the sky and thunder in Greek mythology, well-known for sending down bolts of lightning from the heavens. This snowdrop is equally striking!
Flowering at up to 270mm high (under glass, probably shorter outside), the flowers are held on upright pedicels above arching, plicate leaves which are half the height of the pedicels at flowering time. The mark on each outer segment is a parallel sided, rich green longitudinal stripe covering the central one third of the segment, rounded towards the apex, at which there is a white notch, and fading to paler yellowish green just before reaching the base. The stripe usually has a very slight ‘waist’ halfway along, occasionally breaking into a double mark.
We will be offering multi-nosed bulbs, which increase well and will soon become an electrifying feature in your collection!
For comparison, you might like to see photos of Dryad Zeus and Dryad Demeter side by side. Zeus was bred from Wendy’s Gold x South Hayes and is easy to tell apart from Demeter, which is from Trymlet x South Hayes. Note the shapes of the outer segment marks and very different leaf habit.
You may have noticed that Zeus has a yellow as a mother, so it is worth pollinating with another yellow to see what you get!

DRYAD TERPSICHORE, named for one of the nine Muses of Greek legend, who was also the goddess of dance.
Her snowdrop has long been a favourite here due to the fluid, informal bearing of the flowers, each adopting an individual pose with slightly twisted segments giving the impression of whirling movement, skirts flaring as if they are dancing, even when there is no breeze.
The artistry continues with the outer segment mark which is a painterly ‘splash’ along the lower third of the midline, stopping short of the up-tilted apical sinus, while the inner segments bear an inverted deep green heart. The flowers are sweetly scented.
The plants are neat and compact, with upright, plicate leaves which are short at flowering time, with the large flowers borne on upright stems reaching to 20cm in height.

DRYAD BLIZZARD is the inaugural member of the brand new ‘Dryad Snow’ series of true poculiform snowdrops named for their exceptionally pristine bright white flowers.
The Blizzard lineage started in 2008, when I was generously sent seeds of a poculiform G. elwesii from Canada. When they flowered in 2013, none were poculiform, which was unfortunate but not unexpected. The seedlings were inter-crossed to produce 6 seeds. These F2 seedlings began to flower in 2017 and to my delight, the result was one perfect poculiform.
After 5 years evaluation, this has proved to be a tall and graceful beauty, growing to 30cm under glass, the leaves only half that height at flowering time. The dazzling, large flowers are in perfect proportion at 40mm long including the ovary, and open into an elegant parasol shape. A clump in flower in your garden will make a glorious and breath-taking focal point.

The final snowdrop is the intriguing GALANTHUS MELTSAS, one of the superb ESTONIAN BIRDS series of new doubles. This one is named after the Estonian for Green Woodpecker (Picus viridis) Bred from a G. plicatus from Krasnodar region, Russia (with all-green inner segments) x nivalis ’Flore Pleno’ this is truly well-named for the Green Woodpecker with its green striped and tipped outer segments and heavily green-marked inners. Looking up into the flower the inner segments appear rich green with a clean, narrow white edge. The flowers have been very stable here, always with 3 outer segments and a neat, regular boss of inners.

A superb selection of DRYAD speciality true miniature daffodils takes the final curtain:
PALLENE is a flamboyant hoop petticoat with widely flaring, gently rolled back white flowers and protruding golden stamens. 15cm high, very early, and with a bonus of a delicious strong scent.

The second hoop is PANDIA with rich cream widely flaring flowers. Both of these are very early flowering and will give a beautiful, scented display under glass to raise your spirits in late winter.

The trumpet accompaniment is provided by four appealing varieties:
NARCISSUS PEACH TWIST - Something a little different! An eye-catching trumpet variety, only 12cm high with white spiralling perianth and frilly trumpet that matures to a pale peach. Often commented on by visitors.

MISS POPPY - Named after our baby granddaughter and (almost) as adorable. This little trumpet variety opens pale lemon and matures to white, often showing the whole range of colours in the pot.
Only 12 cm high grown under glass (probably shorter outside) the upright stems proudly hold their perfect little daffodil flowers above the foliage. The trumpet is prettily flared at the mouth, and the petals overlap slightly to give a good exhibition form. Early flowering.

TODDLER is a sturdy, chubby little all white daffodil flowering at 16cm under glass, probably shorter outside. The perianth overlaps gently at the base, and the rim of the corona is frilled, reminiscent of the ruffs worn in Elizabethan times. Very early flowering and a real charmer!

SWEET PETITE has been much admired at alpine shows, flowering at 10-12cm with gently nodding 3cm wide flowers, white perianth and lemon corona, and a delicious scent. A perfect little daffodil in perfect miniature!

The glistening palest lemon SWIFTLET is one of our tiniest varieties, and a long-time favourite of mine, only a few centimetres high with a sleekly swept-back perianth.

Finally, a last flourish with Brian Duncan’s multi award-winning GREAT TRY – wrongly attributed to the cyclamineus section division 6 in our last listing, when it is actually a triandrus hybrid – division 5.
Its glowing yellow and orange flowers with perfect show form will make it very popular with exhibitors.
You can find our final listings here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dryadzny/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Good luck!
Right – now to return my house from a packing shed to some sort of order before Jim Lad, Little Finn and Miss Poppy arrive tomorrow!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2022, 08:27:31 AM »
Our FINAL listings until summer 2023 finish tonight!
This is the last chance to add the new DRYAD snowdrops to your collection:
Tall, snowy white DRYAD BLIZZARD with no green markings at all as befits a true poculiform.
DRYAD CERBERUS will keep you on the edge of your seat wondering how many flowers per scape it will produce this season, while enjoying its robust habit and multiple scapes per bulb.
DRYAD ZEUS with its bold lightning streak down the outer segments.
DRYAD TERPSICHORE in contrast with the more formal shapes of many varieties will bewitch you with its fluid shapes and impression of movement.
MELTSAS, the new Estonian double has the green feathering and neat emerald inners appropriate to its namesake Green Woodpecker.

Look forward to a joyful spring with one of our true miniature daffodils, each a gem you will want to see up close to appreciate the fragrance:
Earliest in flower will be the hoop petticoats – the sumptuously rolled rim and perfume of PALLENE, and the rich ivory cream of PANDIA.
Brian Duncan’s prize-winning GREAT TRY is in complete contrast with its bold colours and perfect exhibition form.
The two little white trumpets comprise the refined MISS POPPY, and the cheeky TODDLER.
Delicate and demure SWEET PETITE with its beguiling nodding flowers in white and lemon, is in contrast to the slightly larger PEACH TWIST with twisted perianth and peachy tint.
SWIFTLET’s sparkling palest lemon flowers with slicked-back perianth completes the cast.
You can find our final listings here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dryadzny/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Good luck and thank you to all our bidders!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal