We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Asplenium fontanum  (Read 763 times)

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
Asplenium fontanum
« on: July 06, 2022, 05:01:24 PM »
Since we grew this fern from spores in 2001 it has won many firsts on the show bench but I don't think it has looked better than it does this year.
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

ruweiss

Re: Asplenium fontanum
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 09:43:39 PM »
What a nice plant, this fern is als one of my favourites. I grow it since almost 20 years
in the open garden without any winter protection and also seems to like tufa to grow on.
Small plants from spores appear from time to time and are very welcome.
It is always amazing, when young plants from ferns like Ceterach, Cheilanthes, Pellea
appear in unexpected places, Phyllitis scolopendrium can become almost weedy.
Rudi Weiss,Waiblingen,southern Germany,
climate zone 8a,elevation 250 m

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
Re: Asplenium fontanum
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 11:40:04 AM »
Lovely pictures Rudi. We still have quite a few ferns in pots because we used to put them on the show bench. Some however have been moved to the garden, one of my favourites is the Japanese painted fern.
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal