We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Campanula bellidifolia  (Read 425 times)

ingvild

Campanula bellidifolia
« on: June 08, 2022, 08:56:04 PM »
In 2020 I sowed Campanula bellidifolia rosea (from seed exchange). I managed to get two plants both duly planted out in June 2020. One flowered in July 2021, with a slight pink touch, but it died immediately after flowering. The second flowered this year, and must be the bellidifolia rosea. But what was the first one? Both of them really nice, so I am sorry the first one did not survive. Ingvild (PS I hope I managed to attach the pictures)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Campanula bellidifolia
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 09:07:31 PM »
Hello Ingvild!  I think the pretty white campanula looks a bit like C. troegerae - but I'm no expert!
I agree that the pink version is C. bellidifolia rosea - or a close relative- I do think the  campanulas can hybridise, so that may be the  answer!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

ingvild

Re: Campanula bellidifolia
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 07:36:41 AM »
Thanks Maggi
I think I will settle for a hybrid. I don't find a C troegerae quite like it, but pictures of it varies a bit too. Anyway, I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal