We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Hepatica in northcentral Pennsylvania, USA  (Read 662 times)

Mark W. Simonis

Re: Hepatica in northcentral Pennsylvania, USA
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2022, 12:30:03 PM »
We are taking proactive measures to protect and sustain this swarm of Hepatica nobilis var acuta f plena. Thank you for the encouragement!

One more picture(s) of my favorites over the last few years.

Leena

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2022, 09:31:37 AM »
Wonderful finds! Thank you for showing them. :)
Leena from south of Finland

Mark W. Simonis

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2022, 11:53:48 AM »
Leena, Thanks You!

I found this very small plant without flowers this year. I think it is a Hepatica nobilis var acuta, but I am not sure? What do you think?

I am already looking forward to next year!

Starking007

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2022, 04:39:32 AM »
Interessant!

Gabriela

• Never enough Gentiana...
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2022, 10:25:42 PM »
We are taking proactive measures to protect and sustain this swarm of Hepatica nobilis var acuta f plena. Thank you for the encouragement!

One more picture(s) of my favorites over the last few years.

Fantastic swarm of Hepatica acutiloba Mark!!!
Thanks for showing. It is good to know that such place exists and that all sort of variations are also possible for the American Hepaticas.
They are just not that frequent like in H. japonica and nobilis.

In my Ontario region, there are multipetal forms of H. acutiloba,  not in large numbers and mainly white and pink or combinations, similar with your plants. But I never found doubles or blue multipetals.

The last plant with foliage is also super interesting. A Hepatica acutiloba fo. diversiloba but with more than 5-7 lobes, which is usual.

Gabriela
Ontario, zone 5
http://botanicallyinclined.org/

Mark W. Simonis

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2022, 01:34:42 AM »
Thank you, Gabriela, for your reply and confirmation of that unusual Hepatica! I plan to spend more time looking at the foliage in the years to come. Yes, I have stepped up my American Hepatica searches in recent years thinking that there has to be more diversity out there. I found this to be true with other species as well. I think the range of the American Hepatica is so vast and unexplored that there will be more significant discoveries to be made as long as folks take the time to look. Mark

Here are some more blues and one nice pink.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal