We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Bulb Log 2022  (Read 11241 times)

PhilG

Re: Bulb Log 2022
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2022, 03:10:48 PM »
Ian, THANKS for a truely outstanding contribution to gardening and the growing of plants so many of us enjoy.
I'm sure you have inspired far more people than you can imagine and your back catalogue will continue to do so for many years/decades to come.
Whilst I've always tended to garden 'on the wildside', I have also been greatly influenced and encouraged with the way you mix bulbs and other plants into a more natural style. Over the last year or two, I have obtained many more of these plants you grow, to try and replicate some of what you have created.

I look forward to the monthly journals and seeing just how things change in these changing times.
Best whishes for 2023.

MarcR

« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2022, 07:16:06 AM »
Ian, THANKS for a truely outstanding contribution to gardening and the growing of plants so many of us enjoy.
I'm sure you have inspired far more people than you can imagine and your back catalogue will continue to do so for many years/decades to come.
Whilst I've always tended to garden 'on the wildside', I have also been greatly influenced and encouraged with the way you mix bulbs and other plants into a more natural style. Over the last year or two, I have obtained many more of these plants you grow, to try and replicate some of what you have created.

Indeed!!

I look forward to the monthly journals and seeing just how things change in these changing times.
Best whishes for 2023.
Marc Rosenblum

Falls City, OR USA

I am in USDA zone 8b where temperatures almost never fall below 15F -9.4C.  Rainfall 50" 110 cm + but none  June-September.  We seldom get snow; but when it comes we get 30" overnight. Soil is sandy loam with a lot of humus. 
Oregon- where Dallas is NNW of Phoenix

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2023, 11:57:12 AM »
Thank you also from me for all the past Bulb Logs. I have learned so much from you, and hope to learn more in the future. Monthly log is a good idea, and it isn't so much work as weekly.  :)
Leena from south of Finland

ashley

• Pops in from Cork
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2023, 01:40:23 PM »
My thanks too Ian, for sharing your observations, experience and insights so generously.  I've learned a lot 8)

Your staying power is also very impressive.  I hope that the Bulb Log in its new form continues to draw plant lovers to the SRGC and Forum.
Ashley Allshire, Cork, Ireland

Tristan_He

« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2023, 10:49:03 PM »
Thanks so much for all your hard work and inspiration over the years Ian. It's rather fun indexing it - just come across the following run of index entries: Dryden, Kath; Durer, Albrecht; Dwarf conifers. Only in the Bulblog!  ;) New index ready soon.

Ian Y

• Bulb Despot
  • Administrator
  • Why grow one bulb when you can grow two:-))
    • Direct link to the Bulb Log SRGC
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2023, 11:49:35 AM »
Thank you for all your lovely comments it means a lot to know that my Bulb Logs have helped, encouraged or inspired others in some way on their gardening journeys.

I only ever wanted to share my enthusiasm and discoveries as I wandered through the world of plants and gardens and perhaps stimulate others into also sharing their experiences online or in print.

I will continue the Bulb Log monthly.

Thanks to Tristan for the New Index    - https://www.srgc.net/documents/bulb%20logs/BulbLogIndex.pdf
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 11:53:22 AM by Ian Y »
Ian Young, Aberdeen North East Scotland   - 
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
https://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/index.php?log=bulb

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal